by huyness6

Original Post

Holo-day Bash Challenges tracking incorrectly and illogically

★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? huyness6
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. main lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. waiting in the lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 01.12.2020
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? my progress is not being recorded and i am not getting the correct number of points
What should be happening instead? i should be getting more holo-day bash points
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? you need to apply the correct number of points for my challenges

The holo-day bash challenge trackers is not working.  Mine says play 1 game to receive 200 points. I've played 4 games in a row and received 0 points

Aslo it says "get a top 10 finish 4 times" for 200 points

how is this applicable to the holo-day event when there are only three teams?  Also i still have 0/4 when i won a game already.

Message 1 of 13 (1,699 Views)

Re: Holo-day Bash Challenges tracking incorrectly and illogically

★ Novice

Played 1 game of Holo-day bash and won it. Back in the lobby I check the quest tracker and I see only damage counter been counting. Play 1 game did not update, neither the top 10 counter even though my team won. Also my Daily challenged did not get any progress counted.

This was with PC

Message 2 of 13 (1,686 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@huyness6 same for me. PS4, holo-day bash points are given only for damage, but don't count for number of games, or placement, or wins. Every update is ruining something every time. Sad
Message 3 of 13 (1,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I‘m experiencing the same issue. Only the damage counter is going up, but I‘ve just won a game and finished as part of the top 10 several times. Not even “play one game” registered the fact that I have already played several games. (On PS Pro)

Message 4 of 13 (1,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m on Xbox happen to me so I got the idea to just play a regular game and now all the winter express challenge are done. 

Message 5 of 13 (1,642 Views)

★ Novice

Same with me. No progression on trackers what so ever.

Message 6 of 13 (1,504 Views)

Hello @huyness6 @tooGutsy @DaughterOfOdin9 @electric_bat @pinegoistic 

I noticed this issue too and did some searching around on Reddit.

I found this developer comment:

----

Unfortunately this turned out to be a little bit harder than we anticipated. Definitely want to look into this for future modes. The TLDR is that under the hood the systems for badges and for challenges are the same system, and we do NOT want Winter Express to count for badges. We would want it to count for dailies, but we couldn't make that happen without doing some re-engineering under the hood to separate them into two systems. We discovered this too late to get it fixed for Winter Express Frown

---

I replied to it somewhere else but basically the systems that do challenges and badges are... the same system. We didn't have time to disentangle them, and we definitely don't want you to get badges in WE.

---

For now, we have to deal with the current system, but they are fortunately looking into fixing this for other limited-time game modes.

Message 7 of 13 (1,495 Views)

Not tracking games played or top 10 finishes on Holo-Day Bash event challenges.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So far I have played 2 games and won both, however it is not showing any games played on my "Play 1 game" challenge and no top 10 finishes on my "Get a Top 10 finish 4 times". I've attached an image showing the bug.

Message 8 of 13 (1,484 Views)

Re: Not tracking games played or top 10 finishes on Holo-Day Bash event challeng

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Uncle_Cunkle yeah, it's not a bug, it's feature Frown
It's like you don't actually have to play winter express to get holo-days points. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Holo-day-Bash-Challenges-tracking-incorrectly-and-illogically/...
Message 9 of 13 (1,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just found out the "Play one game" and "finish top 10" challenges are for the regular battle royale mode. oof

Message 10 of 13 (1,378 Views)