Holding in and catching up movement

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number rtx 2070 super
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Tuxgun70
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. non
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Loba
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? nvt
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. World Edge and Olypmus
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. normal movement
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 5 today
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 1-12-2020 20:30
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When I move it it move not smooth but it holds in and then something like trying to catch up. Sometimes it even moves back again. This kind holding in and catching, happens every 4-5 seconds.
What should be happening instead? Just run and move normal and move normal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game

When I move it it move not smooth but it holds in and then something like trying to catch up. Sometimes it even moves back again. This kind holding in and catching, happens every 4-5 seconds.

Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Holding in and catching up movement

Community Manager

Hey @Tuxgun70

What you're describing sounds like lag or rubberbanding. This often happens because of connectivity issues, so I think we should try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop this from happening. 

A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still having any trouble after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)

All Replies

Re: Holding in and catching up movement

Community Manager

Hey @Tuxgun70

What you're describing sounds like lag or rubberbanding. This often happens because of connectivity issues, so I think we should try out some troubleshooting to see if we can help stop this from happening. 

A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still having any trouble after that check out the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)