by jokool_aid

Original Post

Holding grenade even after running out.

★★ Guide

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? jokool_aid
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere on the map.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Throwing my last Frag Grenade/Thermite/Arc Star in backpack
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Randomly happens now and then in the past couple months.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Sometimes when I throw my last grenade (arc star, thermite, frag), it shows one still in my hand. Trying to throw it does nothing, and trying to swap to a weapon sometimes doesn't work afterward.
What should be happening instead? After throwing last grenade, it should go back to my weapon.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Figure out why my grenade doesn't go away and cause my character to glitch out with a phantom grenade in their hands.

I keep forgetting to post about this, and it may have been fixed since the last update (can't remember if I've seen it happen in the past couple days), but every now and then, when I throw the last Frag Grenade/Arc Star/Thermite in my backpack, the grenade will stay in my hand. It shows it being thrown, and it goes off, but then it's like there's a "phantom grenade" in my hand that doesn't actually exist, like I still have one to throw, but throwing it does nothing. What's worse is that it prevents me from firing my gun obviously since the game is acting like I'm trying to throw a grenade still, and trying to swap back to my gun sometimes doesn't work unless I try swapping multiple times. Again, it's infrequent, and I have no idea if this is a thing for anyone else or has been resolved by now, but I figured I should report it while I'm thinking of it again.

Message 1 of 1 (97 Views)