Hitbox \ hit registration season 5

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1080 gtx
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Ninjaflipp2k3
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. on building rooftop
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting at a pathfinder
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12052020
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The bullets are hitting , you can see it and you can hear it. But no damage is registred. was using wingman if that has anything to do with it. Can you please look into this. After season 5 released its gotten like this.
What should be happening instead? the damage should register!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask the comunity. There MUST be others who have expierenced this. I know of 4 people.

The bullets are hitting , you can see it and you can hear it. But no damage is registred. was using wingman if that has anything to do with it. Can you please look into this. After season 5 released its gotten like this.

i was close on a pathfinder. Hit him in the back while he was climbing up to roof. saw and heard the bullets hitting. but no damage.

Later i had the same issue at houses outside bunker. the river side.

Message 1 of 111 (11,640 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anything that can be done about hit registration?

Community Manager

Hi everyone. 

Thanks for the reports on this. 

A patch went out not long ago that should have helped with the hit registration issues that a lot of people were seeing. That said, I know that some of you have still been running into issues with this. We'll continue forwarding these reports along for review. 

Thanks again! Thumbs up

[Marking this as solved for visibility. We're still collecting reports on this following the recent patch.]

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 91 of 111 (8,832 Views)

All Replies

No Reg

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 24
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TRUcwas
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All over the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting someone
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Season 5 Release
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? So, there have been No Reg issues in the past with Apex Legends, but they happened rarely. I've noticed at least with the release of Season 5 the No Reg shots have been very consistent. As in, a team mate of mine and I were both single firing the same character (I think it was Loba, might have been lifeline), and for myself 3 single fire shots in a row were No Reg's. His bullets as well were No Reg's. We assumed maybe it was an issue with the Hemlock, like an accidental bug. But then today nearly every match it's been consistent with various guns that I've picked up like the Wingman, R-99. I am not having internet issues either and it's showing impact marks as well as the hit sound, but no damage is being done.
What should be happening instead? Bullets should be registering lol.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game possibly?

This is not me, but this is one of my friends -

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590285199586230302/709852655127887884/Apex_Legends_05-12-2020...

Message 2 of 111 (10,100 Views)

Re: Hitbox \ hit registration season 5

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is honestly way to common you see the hit and hear it but no damage it’s super annoying with heavy hitting weapons like wingman and g7 I really hope they fix this soon 

Message 3 of 111 (11,488 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump this please, I have played around 10 games this season and have had the same issue in about 30% of games, most noticbly with wingman and single fire hemlock.

Message 4 of 111 (11,455 Views)

Re: No Reg

★★★ Newbie
@AE_iamCwas Ye had the same issue, basically 3 out of 4 shots are no reg now, it's really weird. Anyway the game feels smoother after s5 release.
Message 5 of 111 (10,049 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh yes just had 4 wingman no regs on a pathfinder in ranked... legit lost the fight because of that. I really hope they fix this soon, because I'm already having flashbacks to a year ago when Pathfinder was so broken.... :'(

Message 6 of 111 (11,307 Views)

★★ Novice
@NinJaFLiPP2k3 I have a recording with 3 wingman hits not registering in a row, also, I have the same problem with fast pew pew guns like 99 and havoc
Message 7 of 111 (11,136 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@markuis7 This just started happening to me when season 5 released I hope this gets fixed very soon.
Message 8 of 111 (11,081 Views)

★★★ Guide

same problem... fix plx

Message 9 of 111 (11,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have also had this happen, on multiple guns I'd have shot someone square on the head, the sound appears to tell me I've hit, the little red marks appear to tell me their shield is now gone but no damage has been registered and I'm killed 

Message 10 of 111 (10,993 Views)