by The_Armed_Potato

Original Post

Hit detection, downed by downed player and shooting through obstacles

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Armed_Potato
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All legends
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? All legends
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All parts of the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Gunfights being shot at or returning fire
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? More than 10 matches
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I have 2 issues that use to happen rarely but have begun to take place frequently ever since season 2 started. Even more with the recent update. I would be fighting someone and I would down them right before they take cover. Things from walls to doors I have downed people through them and they’ve done it to me as well. It doesn’t happen with nature related items (rocks hills trees etc...) but with buildings, sheds, doors, barrels, boxes etc... just recently this started happening ALOT. I do this to a lot of people and I don’t think it’s fair, this happens occasionally for me. I’d say 10% for me. But I do it at least 2 times a game to people. That’s not all, there’s another one where I’m fighting and down someone at the same time they down me, in ranked it happens THE MOST. Just something I’ve noticed, could be coincidence. Anyway, I’m in platinum and I worked pretty hard and dealt with my share of people hiding all game so I feel like it’s an achievement... but I got eliminated by someone I downed who picked himself back up and I’m super salty about it to be honest. I got shot AFTER he went down by him. I cannot express how disappointing that is being this far along in the game’s existence. This happens a lot to one of my friends though (X_HolyDeath5_X). I witnessed that but that’s when I play with him. And my final issue, hit detection. I’d say the 3rd to last game I played, I had 2 R-99’s. Both had purple stocks and magazines. One had a level 3 stabilizer the other a level 4. I used the one with a level 4. I’m the last guy alive vs 3 players. Now I’m 100% sure I wasn’t going to win the game but I sure should’ve taken this one guy down with me. Now, there is NO way, a 30 round magazine misses 20+ rounds when the only thing on my screen is Octane’s chest and head. I can not describe how close to me this man was and I was ADS when I let it go on him. The man shoots me 4 times with a long bow and does 236 damage. I want to see what I did.... 108 DAMAGE WHEN MY MAGAZINE EMPTIED and I began to reload by the end of that. Out of the entire magazine I only did 108. Now I know there’s a problem with hit detection because I have annihilated shields and health from a considerably far length with no extended magazine. I also play on PC (which is one of the most marvelous gaming experiences I’ve ever had) and I haven’t experienced a hundredth of a percent of the issues I experience on PS4. I have no idea what it is but this game has entirely too many issues and with each update it as if they get worse. I don’t know if it’s just me, maybe I’m having a bad day, but I have not once experienced anything on PC. If I get my butt handed to I’ll gladly admit it. But console? Sweet Christ!
What should be happening instead? I shouldn’t be downed by someone I killed after they go down, I shouldn’t be able to shoot anyone through obstacles and this game has been out for far too long to have hit detection issues that bad. I mean, some of you can see that when you see the stats after some gunfights. Now I know the whole “it’s your internet” thing... that’s not really the case because I do it to people myself and I’ve never had this issue on PC.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get into gunfights, with cover of course. Use a rapid fire gun and try to get into gunfights upclose. Nomore than 50 meters.

Spoiler

Notice he is down but also killed me somehow off the match entirely. It’s ranked too I don’t know if that helps to know.

Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

Re: Hit detection, downed by downed player and shooting through obstacles

★★★ Newbie
@The_Armed_Potato Twitch.tv/tjoyeride
Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)