by Fanphoria

Original Post

Highlighted

High level musician can't write or license songs anymore

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write a song on an instrument (guitar), then licensed it, then wait and try to write another song.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has level 9 guitar skill, he's written one song on it and licensed it. However, he is no longer able to license that song--there is no option to license songs when I click on the mailbox--although he can still play it himself on the guitar (showing up under "written" when I click on the guitar). To be clear, I'm no loner getting royalties for it, the time has run out on it. Also, he's no longer able tp write any songs on the guitar (option doesn't show up when I click on a guitar) even tho he's level 9 and has written a song on the guitar before. .
What do you expect to see? To be able to write another song on an instrument my sim has a high level in, and to license a song more than once ever.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not really sure on "frequency" as I don't know if it's affecting any other sims. And I've tried repairing the game, and even cheating the skill down to level one and then back up again, doesn't make any difference. 

Message 1 of 5 (190 Views)
Highlighted

Re: High level musician can't write or license songs anymore

Hero
@Fanphoria Would be good if you could test if it's isolated to that particular Sim or a general issue.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (142 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Fanphoria Did you get a chance to test another Sim ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (111 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same problem. No matter what I do, he won't write a song. Even when I select it in inventory. Did you ever find a solution, please share! Standard smile 

Message 4 of 5 (72 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@VironusD Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (27 Views)