by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] High level musician can't write or license songs anymore

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Write a song on an instrument (guitar), then licensed it, then wait and try to write another song.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has level 9 guitar skill, he's written one song on it and licensed it. However, he is no longer able to license that song--there is no option to license songs when I click on the mailbox--although he can still play it himself on the guitar (showing up under "written" when I click on the guitar). To be clear, I'm no loner getting royalties for it, the time has run out on it. Also, he's no longer able tp write any songs on the guitar (option doesn't show up when I click on a guitar) even tho he's level 9 and has written a song on the guitar before. .
What do you expect to see? To be able to write another song on an instrument my sim has a high level in, and to license a song more than once ever.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not really sure on "frequency" as I don't know if it's affecting any other sims. And I've tried repairing the game, and even cheating the skill down to level one and then back up again, doesn't make any difference. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,821 Views)

Re: High level musician can't write or license songs anymore

Hero
@Fanphoria Would be good if you could test if it's isolated to that particular Sim or a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,769 Views)

Hero
@Fanphoria Did you get a chance to test another Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing the same problem. No matter what I do, he won't write a song. Even when I select it in inventory. Did you ever find a solution, please share! Standard smile 

Message 4 of 9 (1,699 Views)

Hero
@VironusD Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (1,654 Views)

Piano, Guitar, Violin No Write Music Interaction

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, go to work, realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, paranormal, nifty knitting, tiny living, moschino, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, fitness, vintage glamour, kid's room, cool kitchen, perfect patio, holiday celebration pack, grim's ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select any instrument, cannot find the Write Music interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to Write Music on any instrument (at level 8 and higher) and the Write Music option does not appear
What do you expect to see? The Write Music option to appear in the selection menu for an instrument.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. patch update 1.65.70.1020 in September 2020 was the first update that this bug showed up in and it is still in effect.

I am playing on a Dell Latitude E6530 with Windows 10 OS, this is the only computer I have had this issue on. I have had an array of custom content from TSR mostly stuff I have since deleted it and I had set the game to not use custom content before this bug occurred. I also have never used script mods on this computer. I play on a different computer and do not have the bug occur on that computer (Dell G7 7588 also Windows 10). The bug occurs always on the Latitude but never on the G7 and I've never had anyone else have this bug. I think the bug may be caused by the older computer and may not have anything to do with the game but I don't know

Message 6 of 9 (1,612 Views)

Re: Piano, Guitar, Violin No Write Music Interaction

★ Pro
@Emi2739 No "Write Song..." interaction either?
Message 7 of 9 (1,600 Views)

Hero
@Emi2739 Merging this with another thread.

Have you ever been able to with that Sim ? Di you have the same issue if you save the Sim to the library and place him in a new save for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello,

@zephmeller12 , we noticed you hit me too a while ago.

If you or anyone else are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions for sharing files with us are here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 9 of 9 (648 Views)