Heroes vs Villains - waiting for players when lobby is already full

by SnowmanHD

Original Post

Re: Heroes vs Villains - waiting for players when lobby is already full

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@nrobh
I couldn't agree more, it should change. The way it is now, it scares players away. If it at least allowed us to know we're just waiting for someone that's still loading, then we know the truth and can act accordingly.

@LOTR2013
Problem with BUGs here is that DICE has a BUG list so huge and so complex, they won't fix more then 50% of all BUGs we have already experienced plus those that are yet to come because they don't have the resources to do this. If we really want a bug to be fixed we must do 2 things: Give them the most info we can collect on the BUG (and be the most accurate possible), and bring a lot of attention to it.

So we should choose which BUGs we want to get adressed. This one is a BUG that is being incorrectly reported here, as there's no BUG in the character selection screen that even with a full lobby won't let a match start, but rather we have an issue with client/server communication of one or more players that's incorrectly labeled as "Waiting for X Players". This issue may be just a slow loading from the client (which fixes itself after that player loads), a crash from the client which may take some time to be acknowledged by the server (this is a standard issue on most if not all client/server communications out there, and it fixes itself after the server realises the client has dropped, so his name vanishes from the scoreboard and the incorrect message gets updated) or an unknown BUG for unknown reasons which may hang the match indefinetly (despite nobody showing this issue taking ages, we're still measuring on ten minutes or less).

That's why I've been coming here to put this issue in its correct place. This issue should be solved, but isn't gamebreaking like the thermal vision BUG, Disabled Block BUG, Corpses Attacking BUG, Death by Object/Environment BUG, Eternal Choke BUG, and the list goes on and on and on and on

Message 21 of 25 (616 Views)

★ Guide
@RogueZeroRendar well said. Let's hope the developers read the pages on this site.
Message 22 of 25 (598 Views)

Champion
Often the cache on console or PC needs to be cleared and the best way is to reboot, start fresh with Modem router and machine. I find it helps fix so many things. GLHF
They are watching!!!
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 23 of 25 (586 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is definitely a problem. I've had it happen at least 7 times, and even after waiting 15 minutes every time the match never ended up starting.
Message 24 of 25 (569 Views)

★ Novice
Spoiler

Just happened to me. Happens all the time. Says you need players when the lobby is full. I’m on Xbox One digital download. 

Message 25 of 25 (488 Views)