Re: Heroes/Villains Voices Often not Working

by 9DarthKron6

Original Post

Heroes/Villains Voices Often not Working

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Very often the voices that should come from heroes/villains emotes cannot be heard at all, like they were muted. This has been happening since the game was first released.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try it with different heroes and use one or more emotes (this will occur more often if you try to use emotes at after a very little time - even soon afterwards).
What happens when the bug occurs? The voice corresponding to the emote cannot be heard.
What do you expect to see? A fix.
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

It does not only happen to me, but also to some friends of mine I play with.

Sometimes we have fun" spamming" heroes/villains' emotes but almost always their voices are like muted. This is really annoying.

Message 1 of 6 (408 Views)

Community Manager

@9DarthKron6 Hey, they may want to post here about the issue. However I suspect it may be a local issue. Can they check if they have Surround Sound enabled if they have a stereo setup?

We see issues from time to time on different games with muted in-game voices and this is usually due to issues with sound setup.

Voices usually are often sent primarily through the middle speaker so if there is a setup issue then this is easier to detect with voices. 

Thanks!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (367 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_David, I am experiencing this issue alongside them too. We noticed that even in EA 2015 Battlefront but personally I never had this kind of problem in any other game I ever played at. 

Besides, I am using a laptop (which is also connected to an headset almost every time I play) to play at these games, so I don't think the cause could be the stereo setup.

I'd like to add the fact that this problem is less frequent if in-game music is disabled, but it is not solved completely.

Message 3 of 6 (361 Views)

★★ Apprentice
chewbacca/if you have three cards I use only 1 emote go.Both cards go with 2 emote.

captain phasma/only two cards go with both emote.three only 1 is going.

iden versio/two cards go with 1 emote.1 card with 2 emotes.nothing more than three.

leia organa/three cards do not work with the emote.two cards go with 1 emote.1 card goes both with emote.

lando calrissian/two cards go with both emote.three cards if I use only 1 emote works.

I found it hard to come by
five characters at a time
Message 4 of 6 (325 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@kese0 wrote:
chewbacca/if you have three cards I use only 1 emote go.Both cards go with 2 emote.

captain phasma/only two cards go with both emote.three only 1 is going.

iden versio/two cards go with 1 emote.1 card with 2 emotes.nothing more than three.

leia organa/three cards do not work with the emote.two cards go with 1 emote.1 card goes both with emote.

lando calrissian/two cards go with both emote.three cards if I use only 1 emote works.

I found it hard to come by
five characters at a time

You're talking about a different bug (what a surprise, another bug existing since the game release!) than the one I reported using this thread. In my case emotes are triggered correctly but no voice/sound is played, you can only see the hero/villain performing the corresponding movements without saying anything at all.

Message 5 of 6 (305 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

For what is worth (since of course this bug has not been fixed with today's patch together with tons of older ones, some of which reported by myself too), I have some more details to add to this issue.

This bug mainly occurs while another emote (from another character, I experienced that with characters from my team but I don't doubt it'd happen even with enemies) is played by a different character and you try to use your emote before the other one is completed.

I'll make an example to make things more clear:

1. Player B in my same team triggers an emote, which is performed correctly (movements+sound).

2. Player A (me) triggers an emote from his character before the emote triggered by B ends (character still speaking). The result of all this is that no audio (in particular, no voice) is played d by player A's character.  N.B.: player A character's voice cannot be heard by anyone, not just by player A only.

Instead, if player A waits for player B's character to end performing his emote, everything will work as it should.

I hope I didn't just waste my time and this will one day really be taken into consideration.

Message 6 of 6 (262 Views)