Re: Hero abilities not functioning and/or locking out

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Hero abilities not functioning and/or locking out

★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug While playing as a hero my special abilities either do not work or I get stuck in the ability. When I get stuck in the ability the movement or gesture of the character doesn't go away. I'm stuck moving slow holding out my arm or a weapon that I cannot do anything with. It doesn't happen to any specific ability on any specific character it seems to be random for me and happens at random times too.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? willywonka7
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 04/23/1989
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11:30 AM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a hero in GA or HvV and use the hero abilities against different characters and just keep trying until one of them breaks or locks up. Mine specifically happened when I was trying to force chock yoda as darth vader. I have also had Finns abilities locked out too when Kylo Ren was attacking me, after he froze me. Might have also had problems when attacked my chewy with ground slam attack. I think when you are force chocked my darth vader you also sometime lose your abilities too.
What happens when the bug occurs? My hero/villian's special attack abilities get locked out so I cannot use them or I am stuck continually doing the ending gesture of that move without being able to get out of the move or use my character normally again.
What do you expect to see? I should go back to normal fighting stance of the character being used or I should be able to use the ability because my ability has been recharged.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUy_Q7sKF9o

Message 1 of 5 (3,618 Views)

Champion
I don't work for EA, but... Have noticed this too. I associate it with 2 players both using an ability at the exact same moment and they cancel each other. It failed to work on others as well. Example, it you are against 2 and use it on both, but one of the others uses an ability at the same moment, they cancel out. Sound about right?
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 2 of 5 (3,595 Views)

★★ Guide

No...not at all as the video shows.  Yoda had his back to me and I force choked him and then my ability caused me to permanently get stuck in the force choke animation until someone killed me.  There was no way to get out of the animation.

Also abilities are getting permanently locked out and you can't use them until you spawn again, Like light saber block.

I already know how abilities cancel one another and it's definitely not that.

Message 3 of 5 (3,569 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @MasterPadwan77 @Major-Band1t Thansk for the report! 

We are already investigating this issues, I have no ETA when it will be fixed. 

Thank!

/Atic 

Message 4 of 5 (3,562 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Calm down my friend, you're talking about several bugs at once in your report.

For the Vader stuck in the choke animation (ref: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Eternal-Force-Choke-State-as-Vader/m-p/6724924#M12073), only a staggering/immobilizing move done from an enemy can release you from your glitched state. I'm still unsure if any lightsaber hit counts (as maybe a frontal one isn't enough, as it's the least staggering of the 3, being sideways and on the back the other 2), but han's detonite charge, lando's disabler, chewie's slam and grenade, any push, rey's dash strike, luke's repulse, all will make you walk normally again. Respawnign is another way of resetting the effect.

For the abilities getting unusable (ref: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HvV-can-t-use-abilities-after-stun/m-p/6470892#M1710), this one can be corrected too. When it happens you suddenly have all your abilities greyed as if they couldn't be used, and indeed they become unusable. Together with this you become unable to jump. Everything else works as normal. To leave this bad state, let yourself be targetted by an immobilizing effect (this includes anything that pushes/pulls you away from your position). Pushes, Pull, Repulse, Chokes, Freeze, Detonite, Stun Droid, Stun Grenade, Slam, Disabler, Electrocute. Respawning is also a way to reset this. This issue was a lot worse in previous patches, now it rarely happens to me.

For the lightsaber block getting disabled (ref: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Disabled-Block-BUG/m-p/6762835#M13381), there's also a solution to remove this BUG. When it happens, you suddenly become unable to block. Everything else stays normal. When you try to block, your speed gets slower as if you were properly blocking. But no blocking animation starts, nor you block at all. To fix this, find a place relatively safe, and then start mashing the attack button to deplete all your stamina. When your stamina circle becomes full red, just let it go down and you'll be able to block again. Respawning is once again another way to fix this.

I assume other abilities getting stuck like Vader's choke should have similar ways of fixing. It never happened to me, but I saw reports about Han's Rapid Shot getting stuck, so he couldn't fire nor walk properly as he was locked in the animation and speed too. At least all BUGs you mentioned here can be fixed without respawning. Boba's Jetpack getting disabled can only be fixed by respawning. Lightsaber not turning on is another one which only respawning can fix. And there are others that not even a respawn helps, like when running gets disabled, only when match ends and map gets rotated that your speed comes back to normal. You can respawn or even change your hero, running will keep disabled.

Message 5 of 5 (3,551 Views)