Hera's Play to Strengths zeta doesn't cleanse stuns

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
OS Version 7.1.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 513396571
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Hera's "Play to Strengths" zeta doesn't cleanse stuns. You can't call to assist a stunned Phoenix ally because of this.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Zeta Hera's "Play to Strengths" ability 2) Wait until a Phoenix ally is stunned 3) Attempt to call that ally to assist with Hera
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region
Country

unknown.png (1518×885) (discordapp.com)

unknown.png (1549×844) (discordapp.com)

Message 1 of 13 (676 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hera's Play to Strengths zeta doesn't cleanse stuns

[ Edited ]

@Donisshane I'll try and be clearer.

A stunned character cannot be called to Assist. The cleanse only occurs when a target ally is called to Assist.

The cleanse doesn't happen after the assist. They happen at the same time, with the assist call being the first priority action, then the cleanse, all happening in a split second.

There's an EA comment on this thread over the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Hera-s-Zeta-is-unable-to-target-Phoenix-squad-members-to-remov...

Regarding Bastila and Shaak Ti, both of their abilities state cleanse, then assist in contrast to Hera's which says assist, then cleanse. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (622 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I have seen this same interaction play out multiple times as well. It's generally just in the first couple of phases if I remember correctly. 

Message 2 of 13 (670 Views)

@Astthengach Hello there,

"Play to Strengths" calls the assist first then then cleanse. As a stunned ally cannot assist, you cannot select them with this ability.

Message 3 of 13 (659 Views)

★★★ Novice

The dispel happens first though (for other debuffs). Also, the ability specifies all debuffs - that should include things which prevent assists if they can be dispelled.

Message 4 of 13 (634 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Here is a short video example of the buffs being cleansed, and the assist following. If the order was as you mention, he would have attacked with offense down first, then it would have been cleansed. I know you're a volunteer, I'm just trying to understand why a zeta on this ability would be the only dispel assist in the game that was in this order? Bastila's doesn't do that... Shaak Ti's doesn't do that. (I'm sure there are others I can't think of currently.) Thanks for the support.  

Video: 
https://youtu.be/fAdZNENOKys

Message 5 of 13 (629 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Donisshane I'll try and be clearer.

A stunned character cannot be called to Assist. The cleanse only occurs when a target ally is called to Assist.

The cleanse doesn't happen after the assist. They happen at the same time, with the assist call being the first priority action, then the cleanse, all happening in a split second.

There's an EA comment on this thread over the same issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Hera-s-Zeta-is-unable-to-target-Phoenix-squad-members-to-remov...

Regarding Bastila and Shaak Ti, both of their abilities state cleanse, then assist in contrast to Hera's which says assist, then cleanse. 

Message 6 of 13 (623 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks ChristophIV, I appreciate you sending that my way. I sadly accept this as reality.

Small rant incoming.. feel free to skip the rest of this post if you'd like. Standard smile 

I'm not hopeful my feedback will get to any of the developers at CG, I do just have to state for the record that this is inconsistent with the gameplay mechanics of other characters like bastila and shaak ti and greatly diminishes the value of the Hera zeta. I understand that those characters cleanse first, then call to assist (on abilities that don't even require a zeta mind you) but Hera's ability somehow works in the opposite direction.

Let's compare these three dispel / call to assist mechanics:

Shaak Ti's omega ability Assault Team, dispels ALL debuffs on ALL allies! Then it calls all clones to assist, also buffs them with crit chance / speed & tenacity up / crit immunity depending on their role for 3 turns! Buffs for everyone! Woohoo! (3 turn cooldown)
Bastila Shan's omega ability Rally, dispels ALL debuffs on one ally and calls them to assist (no faction requirements whatsoever!) giving offense up, defense up, speed up, accuracy up, and critical chance up for 3 turns. Holy buffs Batman! (4 turn cooldown)
Hera's ZETA ability Play to Strengths, gives a single Phoenix member 50% turn meter gain an extra 25% potency buff on this one attack with a one turn cooldown reduction. Are you dazed or stunned? Sorry... you don't get any of those things. Nothing. You stand there and you Play to Your Weaknesses. Not a phoenix member? No worries, you still do more damage and get 25% potency on this one attack. You're welcome. (3 turn cooldown)

If you made it this far, I commend you. Thanks and have a great day!

Message 7 of 13 (612 Views)

@Donisshane For what it's worth, I agree with you. The ability would be more useful if it worked by cleanse first, allowing stunned/dazed allies to assist.

As far as getting feedback to devs is concerned, the official forums is probably the best place to do it: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/

Message 8 of 13 (605 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Much appreciated. It just seems curious that this is by design for her. I honestly can't think of a reason why allowing a dispel on stun / daze would be something they would actively want to prevent with her to go so far as to correct it recently as it was unintended. I'll potentially make a post on the forums and see if it goes anywhere. Have a good rest of your day!

Message 9 of 13 (596 Views)

★★★ Novice

So i filed this same bug during the last run of this assault battle and was told her ability was fixed and was never supposed to work on a phoenix member if they could not already assist without the dispel.   I think zetas  from this ability should be refunded or the wording needs to be changed.  Currently this ability is 100% useless as you can no linger cleanse any team mates with it in most fights.   It used to work.  

Message 10 of 13 (565 Views)