Re: Heirloom slowing down zip-line usage.

by JohnyKeri

Original Post

Heirloom slowing down zip-line usage.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Anesthesia__IP
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Doesn’t matter
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Grabbing a zipline
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Alot. Ever since i got the heirloom
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Not specific to a day
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically, having an heirloom equipped makes it so that when you grab a zipline is takes like a split second longer to start moving along it. Literally the only time you get the extended zipline grab animation is with a sniper equipped. With just the fist out it works fine. With a non sniper gun out it works fine. Should i regret having spent 80$ on that “cosmetic only” melee skin that is although only slightly, nonetheless making my gameplay worse?
What should be happening instead? It should be the same speed with or without an heirloom.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick any character with an heirloom and grab ziplines to test the speed, then pick either another legend with no heirloom and test or go and un equip the heirloom off the character you tried (trust me i tried both) and test it. The difference is small but evident

Please fix 

Message 1 of 2 (1,183 Views)

Re: Heirloom slowing down zip-line usage.

★★★ Newbie

I tested every heirloom and my conclusion is that apart from bloodhound's and wraith's heirloom every other legend's heirloom affect when you connect and disconnect from a zip-line, there is a disorienting screen shack when connecting and disconnecting from zip-lines this makes it is slower (or at least feel slower) it is multiple time worse when using a zip-line fast e.g. when trying to quickly manoeuvre around the ziplines in the elevator shafts of worlds edge this bug makes it slightly harder and is very disorienting when you are used to the normal smooth zipline transitions.

Personal note: I like playing as octane it is a shame that I am forced to turn off my heirloom when playing in worlds edge. Also, nothing is better than making someone dizzy with good zipline manipulation in the elevator shafts. please fix this.

Message 2 of 2 (1,109 Views)