'Headlineeffects off' prevents access to change color/intensity of lights

by BryonyRae

Original Post

'Headlineeffects off' prevents access to change color/intensity of lights

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

As stated in the subject line, just a heads-up that when you turn headline effects off in cheat mode, you will then be unable to change the intensity or color of lights.  The cheat seems to prevent the light palette from being displayed.

Message 1 of 10 (5,713 Views)

Re: Headlineeffects off cheat prevents access to change color/intensity of light

Hero

@BryonyRae Was this ever fixed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,586 Views)

Re: Headlineeffects off cheat prevents access to change color/intensity of light

Hero (Retired)

Nope.  Still an issue.

Message 3 of 10 (5,582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And it still wasn't fixed. I was about to take some screenshots and need to turn the headline effects off.

When I wanted to change the colour of a wall light I noticed that the palette did not come up.

Would be cool if they would fix it one day....

Message 4 of 10 (5,526 Views)

★ Guide

I was never aware this was a bug. Is it? The cheat basically blocks anything pop-up relating, and since we have to be in Live Mode to change colour/intensity, I can see it being rightfully recognized as a "pop-up". The cheat also prevents you seeing the name of a townie if you mouse over them, which also seems to make sense. I always assumed it was a normal part of the cheat.

Message 5 of 10 (5,522 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I think that you're right,@ju1ka, in that the palette has apparently been classified/built as a headline effect, but I consider it a bug because hiding it is actually blocking functionality (vs. hiding the plumb bob, thought bubbles, etc.).  I don't think that the coding is executing incorrectly; I just think it needs to be re-written so that the color palette is re-categorized or handled as an exception and not blocked from view. 

Message 6 of 10 (5,513 Views)

★ Guide

Oh yeah, makes sense of course. To be honest I never understood why they decided to take light intensity/colour function out of Build Mode and put it in Live Mode. It makes changing the intensity/colour of invisible lights impossible.

Message 7 of 10 (5,508 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] 'Headlineeffects off' prevents access to change color/intensity

★★★ Newbie

thank you very much for this hint.since i play always without headlines,i was wondering where those colors are gone..i saw the colors alot on youtube but never saw it by myself in game...greetings

Message 8 of 10 (4,715 Views)

Re: [OPEN] 'Headlineeffects off' prevents access to change color/intensity of li

★★★★ Novice

This problem STILL exists!!! 

Message 9 of 10 (3,282 Views)

Re: [OPEN] 'Headlineeffects off' prevents access to change color/intensity of li

Community Manager
Hey all, I'm locking this thread due to it being quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible.

Darko
Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (3,198 Views)