by rjssim

Original Post

Head to Neck Texture Not Smooth and Can See Seam

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Home Dec, Cottage Living, and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just zoom up and closely look at the area between the head and neck.
What happens when the bug occurs? This has actually been an issue since the beginning of TS4. I just haven't noticed it because I used to play at lower resolutions, and now I am playing at 4k. After going back to see the older screenshots when I used to play the game at 1920 x 1080, they are still there but a little harder to see because of the lower resolution.
What do you expect to see? It would be nice to see the developers smooth out the skin texture so that it looks better blended. I really like the default textures. It is fixable because when testing custom skin textures, a lot of them seem to blend nicely and you can't see that seam in between the head and neck like you can with the default textures. This issue also happens without mods, I tried.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Below is an image that shows the issue. In between the head and the neck, there is a noticeable seam. Depending on the lighting and animation/or pose, the seam becomes even more noticeable and sometimes looks like there is a completely dark line circling in-between the area of the neck and head. Again, this is an issue since the release of TS4 based on looking at my older screenshots. I just never noticed it until recently since playing in 4K. It's also present in other people's screenshots. After testing custom skins, they seem to smooth out the seam, so this is fixable.

Message 1 of 9 (3,137 Views)

Re: Head to Neck Texture Not Smooth and Can See Seam

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @rjssim.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (3,089 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully, this can get fixed because I really like the default textures over the cc textures.

Message 3 of 9 (3,037 Views)

★★ Guide

Will this issue ever be fixed? The seam is very noticeable on Sims with a bigger neck/more muscular Sims. And it is even more noticeable on Sims with very pale skin.

Message 4 of 9 (2,806 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Has anyone found a solution yet? I have this same issue in my game. Not only around the neck but also on the side of the legs, and Hairs. I have tried to repair the game but the issue still persists. My game is fully patched to version 1.96.397.1020

If anyone knows a way to fix it or knows a mod that has a fix please let me know, Thanks.

Message 5 of 9 (2,114 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the line showing up like a crack on the necks of my female Sims' who have body presets.
I have a good graphics card, but I do think it could be a NVIDIA graphics issue.
Anyway, I resolved the issue by changing ingame setting "Edge Smoothing" from high to medium.
I hope this helps someone.

Message 6 of 9 (1,579 Views)

★ Guide

It helps by turning edge smoothing off, but if you zoom-in close enough, it's still there. If you take the image and sharpen it, it's even more noticeable. It might be with just the way the models are made, but it would be nice to get an update on the models to fix this.

Message 7 of 9 (1,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

i can see seam lines very badly on all the joins over the head and neck on all of my sims with short or bald heads. its realy frustrating and looks awfull :-( ive turned edge smoothing off but it make no difrance at all please has anyone found a fix for this?? It just looks awfull and very distracting as cant play properly without it bugging me like mad :-(

Best wishes

Steve

Message 8 of 9 (709 Views)

crack line in sims neck

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? its up to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? sims4 normal version, holiday stuff, Get to Work, Romantic Garden, Laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? you can see it in live mode. not sure if its an nvidia issue..
What happens when the bug occurs? I only made 2 young adult sims , male & female, they have a crack line in their neck.
What do you expect to see? smooth neck.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The young adult male & female are in vanilla game no cc, the neck has a cracked glitch area, looks bigger/worst the more you pan out. is this a problem using nvidia cards, or is this happening to everyone? I don't play much for few years so not sure when this started, can't even remember if it was always like this or not..

ea bug report crack line on sim neck nocc closer.pngea bug report crack line on sim neck nocc.pngea bug report crack line on sim neck nocc her too.png

Message 9 of 9 (605 Views)