Re: Having a lot of Island Living Bugs. Call Pest control!

by SimGuruKuxiku

Original Post

Having a lot of Island Living Bugs. Call Pest control!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Read my info... It's like a party of bugs in my game. The only one I can recreate with 100% certainty is the grafting issue. The freezing and the swimming way off map or in the sand is occasional. The plant-sim well... I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? see my post
What do you expect to see? not a plant sim, not swimming of map or in the sand, not standing around till you die, not unable to graft things and not creepy vendors spawning and freezing in loops.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing the latest patch and Island living (did it simultaniously).

My gaming experience has been a bit underwhelming in live mode after installing the latest patch and Island living. I've had a lot of bugs and Last Exception-errors. Some being animation-related and some being "unknown" (I check them via lastexception.com).

I've repaired the game a couple of times as well and still experience a lot of bugs, so for now I only play my vanilla-folders.

The bugs appearing while playing without any mods and with a reset sims4 folder are:

-Sims swimming in the sand, a lot of sims freezing in loops and just standing around for sim-hours, doing the same motion over and over. Not only my own sims but vendors spawning outside my lot and never leaving.

-Grafting issues with a sim-reset and unknown last exception error when trying to use grafts from other places than my lot.

The weirdest is when I ask them to swim somewhere outside of the lot and they end up outside the map. Like this: I live on the lot on the top left corner of Sulani. When I ask my sim to go to a fishing spot a couple lots away they decide to swim and end up way off (attached screenshot).

-Oh yeah, one of my sims turned herself into a plant sim yesterday. Can they do that autonomously without looking for the beans and so on?

I've never really experienced bugs this intensely, but I'm still happy.

Island Living and Strangerville brought back the fun in gaming again!

Hopefully we'll get a fix soon!

EDIT 20190715: added video of the freeze-loop:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19X29UmNq_lDh17lue7fQAbq-hj5eufUW

Message 1 of 3 (792 Views)

★★ Guide

Yep my sims are having problems too. I think if they have a boat or Aqua Ski in their inventory that instead of swimming they should autonomously use their vehicle. Also seen the glitch with swimming in sand too.  This has all been since the patch of the 18th June 2019 and I did not have Island Living installed until the 3rd July.  I don't use CC or mods anymore at all and I am playing with a fresh install of the game.  I hope it gets fixed soon. 

Message 2 of 3 (738 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

Hi @flavouredsim,

First of all, thanks for reporting all these issues that you found!

As you already mentioned in your report, there are a couple of different issues you call out here. I also saw that there were 2 Me Too’s for your report already. Now, we cannot really determine which of the issues that you reported, this Me Too’s were meant for. So, to keep those issues separate and to avoid potential confusion it would be really helpful if you could create a new report in a new thread for the bugs that we do not have tracked in a different report yet. But let me go through the different issues that you called out and what to do with those:

1. Sims swimming in the sand.
    • This has been reported in another post as Sims swimming underground or through the floor, which kind of summarizes the overall issue, so if you could hit the ‘Me Too’ here, that would be awesome!
  1. Sims freezing in loops and just standing around for sim-hours, doing the same motion over and over
    • This sounds like a simulation lag to me. There might be other reports for this already, however, for simulation lags we try to track those separately. In this case it is important what the action was that your Sim was about to execute when it got stuck as this simulation lag gets triggered by different actions.
    • As you included the video related to this issue in this post already, I’d say we should keep this one post for this particular issue. You can just update the subject line to Sims freezing in loops and just standing around for sim-hours and we should be fine. Standard smile
  1. Not only my own sims but vendors spawning outside my lot and never leaving
    • With this one, I am not 100% certain if I got you correctly. Looking at this report, would you say that the description of the player fits what you see happening in-game? If the answer is yes, please hit the ‘Me Too’ button on this thread as well and remove the callout from this post! 😊
  1. Grafting issues with a sim-reset and unknown last exception error when trying to use grafts from other places than my lot
    • How does the sim-reset exactly look like and does it happen at the same time as the last exception error? Same as for the simulation lags, we track Last Exception errors separately, so if you could create a new report for this one as well, that would be super helpful!
  1. Asking Sim to swim somewhere outside of the lot, they end up outside the map. 
    • I did not find any similar report for this bug yet. Glad that you called this out! If you don’t mind, a new report for this one would also be amazing!
  1. One of my sims turned herself into a plant sim yesterday.
    • As far as I am concerned, players can get the Forbidden Fruit by collecting magical beans either by finding them in the neighborhood, or from special seed packs when reaching Gardening skill level 10 (requires Seasons EP). However, I am not aware of getting this PlantSim to also work without going through this challenge, so yep, sounds like a potential bug to me. But no worries, it should only last for 5 days anyway. 😉 However, if you could create a new report for this one as well, we would appreciate that a lot!

Sooo, I hope all those call outs make sense. When creating a new report for one of the issues mentioned above or hitting 'Me Too' on a different report, please make sure to remove the relevant call-outs from this post to avoid potential confusion (Basically, all that should remain on this post is the report about the simulation lag).

Thanks so much for reporting all of this and for your help! :eahigh_file:

Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (621 Views)