by -DW-GarthRevan

Original Post

Half Effect BUG: Maul's Choke Hold, Kylo's Freeze, Vader's Choke

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Maul's Choke Hold, if timely defended, creates a bad state for the target that changes how the effect works.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RogueZeroRendar
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? Many dates
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Many times
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You must block his Choke Hold during the brief window of time between a successful Block and an Unsuccessful Block.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Target's Camera tilts a bit, he takes damage as normal, but the character isn't affected by the paralysis nor the forced movement parts of Maul's Choke Hold
What do you expect to see? No bad state with weird effects
Please select your region Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I had one of the best HvV matches of my life recently, and in that I experienced a multitude of BUGs. This is one of them. Following is the Video in the correct time-stamp to check this BUG.

Message 2 of 12 (1,268 Views)

Kylo's Freeze Half Effect BUG

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Summarize your bug Kylo's Freeze, if timely defended, creates a bad state for the target that changes how the effect works.
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You must block his Freeze during the brief window of time between a successful Block and an Unsuccessful Block.
What happens when the bug occurs? New Effect: You keep blocking, but as soon as you stop you trigger the Disabled Block BUG: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Block-Stops-Working-Disabled-Block-BUG/m-p/7596856. Old Effect: The screen darkens, as it should, your character can't move, as it should, but you keep blocking and able to rotate. If you release the block you get full normal freeze time afterwards. It may be cancelled by a staggering move or a timely dodge.
Please select your region Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America

I had one of the best HvV matches of my life recently, and in that I experienced a multitude of BUGs. This is one of them. Following is the Video in the correct time-stamp to check this BUG.

Message 1 of 12 (1,258 Views)

Vader's Choke Half Effect BUG

★★★★★ Expert

Summarize your bug Vader's Choke, if timely defended, creates a bad state for the target that changes how the effect works.
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You must block his Choke Hold during the brief window of time between a successful Block and an Unsuccessful Block.
What happens when the bug occurs? Character gets slowed but keeps moving, takes damage as normal, but no forced movement effect takes place until target releases the block button

I had one of the best HvV matches of my life recently, and in that I experienced a multitude of BUGs. This is one of them. Following is the Video. The timestamps for this BUG are: 19:15, 21:40

Message 3 of 12 (1,254 Views)

Re: Kylo's Freeze Half Effect BUG

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I decided to merge those three. I know that we're talking about two different skills and characters, but I believe the source of the problem might be the same.

And congratulations on your new record Wink

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 12 (1,216 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Ataashi
Thanks Ataashi!

I've rephrased the title of the report so it shows it's encompassing all 3 skills.

Yeah, they are all probably tied to the same issue, but I thought to spread out because it would be easier to search them.

Message 5 of 12 (1,189 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

So here I have another example of Kylo's Half Freeze. This is a lot better to visualize, and shows the exact weird effect chain that I described in the main forum (https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/127125/a-match-in-review-12-different-bugs-exposed-repo...). The video is already on the correct time to see the BUG

Message 6 of 12 (1,121 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@EA_AtaashiIthink CHEWIEs freeze is also effected and too short.

Vaders Choke breaks off right after finishing up the lift up. Choke prolongation doesnt change anything on top of that.

Message 7 of 12 (1,094 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@-DW-GarthRevan

What do you mean by Chewie's Freeze is also affected?

Message 8 of 12 (1,084 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I was watching a match between some of the top PC players (JandyrBC, Enigma, Centryus, AWD075, avd75, 4imbotMarqsu), and I spotted another example of Kylo's Freeze Half Effect BUG:

Video already in correct time to see the BUG

Rey tries to block the freeze, but actually blocks during that window of time I described which is neither a successful block nor an unsuccessful block, but rather a "half" block, which causes those weird effects I described. As she releases her block she gets frozen, and just after it she's freed by a forced movement effect and the half-effect BUG is gone.

Message 9 of 12 (995 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The Half Effect BUG is still a thing as of January 23rd Patch Update

Message 10 of 12 (909 Views)