HUT Rush Lineup Bug

by tysundy

Original Post

HUT Rush Lineup Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start HUT Rush. Create Lineup for "Winternational Festival". Multiple of one card displayed when adding a player (I definitely do not have duplicates of this card). Try to play online or play CPU and get "failed to retrieve data" error message.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get "failed to retrieve data" error message when I try to play cpu, play online, or edit lineup in "Winternational Frenzy" HUT Rush.
What do you expect to see? A loading screen for a HUT Rush game.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here HUT Rush
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 08:30 AM
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Tysundy
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

I tried creating a lineup for "Winternational Frenzy" in HUT Rush and it let me put in two Joe Sakic Icons for some reason. I definitely do not have 2 untradeable Sakics, I double-checked. My other FWD card was not showing up when adding players to my lineup as well. Now, i go to play a game and I'm getting an error message “failed to retrieve data”. I also get this error message when I try to edit my lineup. Did my lineup get bugged? Only happening for the first-to-2 winternational frenzy hut rush.

Message 1 of 20 (2,464 Views)

Re: HUT Rush Lineup Bug

★★★ Newbie
@tysundy Just to add: I've also tried rebooting by unplugging my console, router and modem. This did not fix my problem.
Message 2 of 20 (2,453 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having the same issue in HUT Rush mode.  The Goalie I had assigned to my lineup (That I was just trying out atm) was traded (sold in Auction House, specifically), but it won't let me edit the line-up to change my G.  It was the Brayden Holtby ToTW card with distributor synergy, if that helps with understanding why I can't just go and get another one, lol.

Message 3 of 20 (2,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start HUT Rush, assign your line-up in the WinterNational Festival, and trade or sell any of the players that were on your line-up for HUT Rush (WinterNation Festival mode). If you do this, and try to play online or even play the CPU, you will always get the message "No teams available |  'There are currently no teams available, please try again later.' "...  If you try to go to the "Edit Line-up" option menu, you will be kicked off the server and receive a message stating: "failed to retrieve data".  
What happens when the bug occurs? I get "failed to retrieve data" error message when I try to play cpu, play online, or edit lineup in "Winternational Frenzy" HUT Rush. I also cannot play against the CPU and/or Online.
What do you expect to see? A loading screen for a HUT Rush game [or just the game starting in general, after loading in].
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online [and Offline, technically, as you cannot play the CPU either].
Insert Game Mode or Feature here HUT Rush [WinterNational Festival]
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 04:40 PM, approximately.
What is your time zone?  Eastern Standard Time (EST)
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? - " SiLent-Sniper19 " (without the parenthesis, lol)
PS4 Crash Reporting: "Failed to retreive data; please try again later. |  ERROR CODE: 1A46162F2A473B5A - 0000000000009999 - 3FF000927C4C9E40 " (I triple checked the alphanumeric codes, by the way. ^_^ )
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region. - Non applicable (N/A)
What is your game language? English

Here's my "formal" report, I copy/pasted a lot of what the OP had typed up, replacing the appropriate sections.  Thanks OP for saving me a few minutes -_^

Edit: Made it a little easier on the eyes by making the questions bold.

Message 4 of 20 (2,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Update: I bought back the same goalie that I had previously selected from my lineup (The TOTW 87 Holtby with Distributor), and even put him on my normal HUT team's lineup, but I'm still receiving the same error(s). ("No teams available", and same error screen + crash when I go to "Edit Lineup").

Edit:

Update: I just remembered that before it had not allowed me to edit my lineup, I was messing around and for some odd reason was allowed to select Holtby as my backup as well as my starting Goaltender (The same card, and no, it was not a duplicate item - it just allowed me to pick him again).  This is probably relevant, so I wanted to post up that fact so it can be hotfixed in the future to prevent it from happening again, if nothing else.  It did not allow me to pick the same player(s) more than once, but it did, however, allow me to have the same player/card on more than one line (at least for the powerplay/penalty kill, I do not recall if I tried it on my normal lineup in HUT rush).

Hope that helps!  If I could have my HUT rush lineup reset for the Winternational Festival mode, it'd be much appreciated.  I do not have any games played on that mode yet, so hopefully this can be done to at least temporarily resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ben (SiLent-Sniper19 @ PSN)

Message 5 of 20 (2,354 Views)

Community Manager
@SiLent-Sniperxox Are you able to fix this if you create a new lineup?
Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 20 (2,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry not to be rude, but did you read the forum? All the info is given in there.

No, a new lineup can not be edited. Error code pops up saying failed to retrieve data

error code - 1a46162f2a473b5a-0000000000009999-3ff00d927c4c9e4d

Won’t matter in less than 48 hours, the new event will be out and then you guys won’t have to fix it anymore. Look like EA is here to screw everyone over again. Typical, they just want your money, yet don’t solve issues with their game.

Message 7 of 20 (2,286 Views)

Community Manager

@njkohel 

It's most definitely not our intent to upset you guys. This issue is one we've only had a couple of reports on. With the high majority of people off for the holidays and this event only lasting a week, it's not something we can easily get fixed. I'm very sorry for the frustration with this. If we could have fixed it, we would have.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 20 (2,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem. Cannot edit the Hut Rush lineup. Why not? It seems like a no-brainer to be able to change player lineups. Crazy.

Message 9 of 20 (2,101 Views)

★★ Novice

It's not letting me edit my line up it will say error failed to retrieve data and it kicks me to the main menu and I'm kinda pissed about cause i can't advance In the game nor buy or get any players cause can't put them in the game

Message 10 of 20 (1,996 Views)