by catloverplayer

Original Post

[HSY] YA aren't getting text from NPC Sims to take relationship to Next Level

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with young adult sims and up.
What happens when the bug occurs? YA and up don't never get boy/girlfriend request from an npc sim. Mainly they get best friend request,
What do you expect to see? I expect YA and older to get boy/girlfriend request from unplayable sims. This was a hyped feature.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is also happening on Consoles as well. Now my teen got one but no adults have. I tried to put Console/PC on the subject line but it wouldn't let me as I guess you can only put so much in the topic line.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,318 Views)

Re: Young Adults aren't getting text from NPC Sims to take relationship to Next

Hero
@catloverplayer Are you playing with an adult/young adult household only or do you have other Sims ?

Could be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-NPC-relationship-questions-targets-active-Sim-instead-of/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrictYoung Adults. No this is mainly Yong adult sims not teens.

Others are having the same issue

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1002392/how-is-npc-autonomy-working-for-you-for-those-th...

Message 3 of 8 (1,262 Views)

Hero
@catloverplayer What I mean is if the household only consists of adults/ya and then you never get questions or does it happen in a household that also has teen and younger ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,241 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict Just YA's in the home.
Message 5 of 8 (1,174 Views)

Hero
@catloverplayer and it happens to everyone above teen or just YA, like also adults and elders ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,158 Views)

Re: [HSY] YA aren't getting text from NPC Sims to take relationship to Next Leve

★★ Guide

@catloverplayerI was also wondering if this ever triggers of other life stages than teens.

It did trigger in one of my saves, albeit not necessarily how I'd want.

- New household, two twin YA sims in Willow Creek

- Welcome wagon of BFF household arrives. All the sims get acquainted

- Summer Holiday becomes romantic interest of one of the brothers.

- After welcome wagon ends, sim invites Summer over. While visiting she asks the romantic interest brother to be her boyfriend.

- Right after he says yes, she asks the OTHER brother to be her boyfriend as well.

- All sims are YA

I don't know if your observation refers only to the lack of TEXTS or the lack of NPCs initiating relationship changes on their own.

My sim and Summer did have some romantic relationship when she asked.

Summer and the second brother she asked did not have any romantic relationship (but that is another bug already documented).

PC 1.90.375.1020
Everything up to and including High School Years, No mods, new save.

Message 7 of 8 (1,150 Views)

Re: [HSY] YA aren't getting text from NPC Sims to take relationship to Next Leve

★★ Guide

This is happening with Teens now since the Emergency Patch. I started a new game and the only thing I get asked is to be best friends..They need to tune in game the ask to be best friends is that's all you're getting now. Before the Emergency Patch I'd atleast get the wants to take relationship to the next level will you be such and suches boy/girlfriend between teens.

Message 8 of 8 (968 Views)