by gardenlobster

Original Post

[HSY] Valedictorian: conflicting notifications when speaking with adults

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Bantuu and Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a teen earn valedictorian from high school and age up to young adult, then speak to another adult about graduation
What happens when the bug occurs? After aging up, speaking to an adult about graduation produces two popups: one saying the sim is valedictorian and must practice a speech, and the other says the sim graduated normally and does not need to practice a speech.
What do you expect to see? All notifications agreeing on the sim achieving valedictorian
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch and installed HSY

My teen sim aged up to young adult and was notified they'd achieved valedictorian, both as a full-screen popup and as a notification popup. I immediately had them speak to an adult and saw an option to talk about graduation. This is when the two notification popups appeared, one saying my sim was valedictorian, the other not.

I could reproduce this by talking to other adults.

My sims traits are: socially awkward, neat, and geek, with good manners and responsible reward traits, and high metabolism aspiration trait. (Just in case it matters.)

This save has been 100% vanilla (no mods/cc) from the start. All were removed and cache cleared before updating.

Graduation double notification.png

Message 1 of 2 (1,450 Views)

Re: [HSY] Valedictorian: conflicting notifications when speaking with adults

★★★★★ Newbie

My game is going through that right now. I expected my sim to be the valedictorian giving a speech, however, it ended up being another sim. Not sure how it happened because I got both notifications as well.

Message 2 of 2 (652 Views)