by huirats69

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] Certain outfit cause deformed Fingers/Nails

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, High School Years, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room, Backyard, Laundry Day, My First Pet, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Incheon Arrivals, Courtyard Oasis, Country Kitchen, Industrial Loft, Blooming Rooms,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to cas and look at fingers
What happens when the bug occurs? Fingers look very deformed and nails dont fit properly
What do you expect to see? normal looking fingers with nails that line up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

files attached

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 16 (6,805 Views)

Re: Deformed Fingers In CAS

Hero
@huirats69 This is happening for several outfits and there are several threads already for it.

I'm not sure if we have this outfit already. Could you create a better picture, showing the icon of the outfit and what it looks like as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (6,783 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, I just thought I would add onto this thread as it seems the same thing I found and looks like our sims are wearing the same top/sweatshirt. Please redirect if this is not the best place for this. Here's a video of me trying to figure out which part of my sims outfit it was until I see its the top: https://youtu.be/dwTCPWjAIZk

Message 3 of 16 (6,731 Views)

Hero
@xLovelyNat Yes, thank you. Think this looks the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (6,726 Views)

Re: [HSY] Top causes deformed fingers

★★★★★ Newbie

I noticed this issue was still happening on newer outfits too! Like that sparkly suit jacket from the HS pack causes the nails to look wonky for some reason on fem and masc SIMS. 

Message 5 of 16 (6,614 Views)

Sims finger models stretch in certain clothings

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except all Kits and Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Zooming in on a Sim's hands in CAS. Certain clothes seem to cause the finger models to stretch.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim's finger models stretch
What do you expect to see? My Sim's finger models to not arbitarily stretch based on clothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The following images also show this occuring.08-09-22_6-44-12 PM.pngThis is on an outfit I designed for my Sim.08-09-22_10-06-02 PM.png

This is on an outfit the game randomly generated.

Mod note - I have played with mods and custom content before on an old device. Playing through Origin, I'm playing on a new device where I have never installed mods or custom content, and I haven't transferred any of my old Saves over to this device.

Message 6 of 16 (6,522 Views)

Re: Sims fingers change shape in certain outfits

★★ Guide
@SimmerStar4 The attached images show that this is not occuring with every outfit.
Message 7 of 16 (6,521 Views)

In using teal crop top from High school years, Pinky finger on sims looks weird

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? Newest as of September 1st 2022
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything EXCEPT ECO LIFESTYLE OUTDOOR RETREAT JUNGLE ADVENTURE STRANGEVILL JOURNEY TO BATUU MY WEEDING STORY LUXURY PARTY PERFECT PATIO COOL KITCHEN SPOOKY STUFF ROMANTIC GARDEN VINTAGE GLAMOUR BOWLING NIGHT FITNESS TODDLERS MY FIRST PET PARANORMAL AND NO KITS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Access the new high school years clothes; clicking on the teal looking crop top and the pinky finger suddenly turns crooked; easily noticeable
What happens when the bug occurs? Finger turns crooked and looks deformed
What do you expect to see? Normal looking hand
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 8 of 16 (6,147 Views)

[HSY] Blouse causes fingers to glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs; City Living; Cottage Living; Discover University; Eco Lifestyle; Get to Work; Get Together; High School Years; Island Living; Seasons; Dine Out; Dream Home Decorator; Outdoor Retreat; Parenthood; Realm of Magic; Spa Day; Cool Kitchen Stuff; Kids Room Stuff; Laundry Day Stuff; Moschino Stuff Pack; Paranormal Stuff Pack; Perfect Patio Stuff; Tiny Living; Toddler Stuff; Blooming Rooms Kit; Desert Luxe Kit; Everyday Clutter Kit; First Fits Kit; Industrial Loft Kit;
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Need the Sims 4: High School Years EP. Open Create-A-Sim and create a female sim, Teen-Elder.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you dress female sims in one of the blouses from the EP (see additional information), it distorts the shape and size of the fingertips of both hands. It is most noticeable on the pinkie fingers, with the left pinkie displaying the most pronounced distortion. It does not affect male sims. Nail polish assets still appear in the proper place.
What do you expect to see? The fingertips of female sims to stay the same size and shape when wearing the blouse CAS asset,

1. female sim in CAS wearing only the blouse asset

2. right hand

3. left hand

4. right hand w/ nail polish

5. left hand w/ nail polish 

12-04-22_9-35-00 PM.png12-04-22_9-35-06 PM.png12-04-22_9-35-11 PM.png12-04-22_9-35-23 PM.png12-04-22_9-35-20 PM.png

Message 9 of 16 (5,617 Views)

Re: [HSY] Blouse causes fingers to glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Im the original poster! I just literally forgot my login to the og account lol! But wow, I left this forum in seen no response and came back just now to see the issue still unsolved but with a few people having the same problem. This photo sums it up basically! This is  what I’m getting too, with no cc, no hair or pants— the shirt just causes a weird clipping! Thanks for uploading better photos!

Message 10 of 16 (5,027 Views)