by rjssim

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Teens can't go to school after 4 weeks on long lifespan

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in Long lifespan as a teen
What happens when the bug occurs? Teens cannot go to school after 4 weeks.
What do you expect to see? Teens with Long lifespan being able to go to school.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If the week repeating for Teens is a design choice, why do they not repeat for all Teens? They repeat for Short and Normal, as I've just checked, but Long do not. My Teen cannot go to school after the 4th and last Prom. They no longer have High School as a "career," but they also cannot graduate (unless I manage to graduate early, which I know exists but I haven't had that happen myself yet). My Teens cannot go to college. They cannot get jobs. They cannot start families. They are stuck as Teens for 4 more weeks after the last Prom. Why is the game forcing us to play on Normal or Short length? 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 1 of 6 (1,795 Views)

Re: [HSY] Teens can't go to school after 4 weeks on long lifespan

Hero
@NyxValkoinen I haven't played that long but I think graduation is when they age up so basically they just get the last days off to enjoy being a teen ?

Not sure how it's supposed to work tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,781 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict That seems super strange, though. Why wouldn't you have High School for most of your Teen life on all lifespans? I did expect maybe getting the last week off, since when I looked before that's when my Teens were set to age up. I guess they only made the school pack specifically tailored to Normal lifespan, which would have been amazing to know before buying the pack. Same for the sudden "we meant to change the lifespan" thing. Would have preferred to be actually told these things up front if I knew it would just make playing Long lifespan pretty useless :/ At least it does work on Normal, I guess, but still
Message 3 of 6 (1,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NyxValkoinen My guess it's a technical issue. Uni works a bit different cause you just go on with your Sims live but you don't age up. Still the length of Uni is set and the same for each lifespan so they probably used the same system here and that leaves teens with some left over time on long.

I don't know for sure of course but maybe they had to do it that way to not further mess anything up.

Sorry I don't have a better answer. The devs will need to decide if this is a bug or working as intended :D

EDIT: you know what, scratch all that. I remembered wrong what it was on normal but that's 21 days which makes it a 3 week term, 1 week on short, long (52) isn't even dividable by 7 so yeah, it makes no sense.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (1,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yeah, I have aging off, and teens go to school for only 4 weeks, and the rest of the calendar is non-school days. This is not good and will badly affect us who have sim stories that we want to last a long time. The school days should match the lifespan and should be permanent with aging off.

Message 5 of 6 (1,701 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (1,096 Views)