by EisQueenTia

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] Teens in College Get Resentful About No Prom Invite Sentiment

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.3020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs except for Country Kitchen and Men’s Fashionwear
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a teen with a bf/gf graduate high school early and enroll in college.
What happens when the bug occurs? When Saturday rolls around: At 3 they get asked to go to a pre prom party and at 7 when the prompt for prom pops up and the event is skipped, the teens will get the Resentful About No Prom Invite sentiment. They then have to apologize to each other to remove the sentiment. Since they are in college, they no longer have any HS interactions (to include prom) anymore.
What do you expect to see? For the teens not to get pre prom calls and prom prompts.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Every week when Saturday comes, they are always asked to go to the pre prom party. Then at 7 when prom starts, I click to skip (since both teens are enrolled in college) and they get that negative sentiment of Resentful About No Prom Invite. None of these things should happen because once they graduate early, they no longer have any interactions for High School or Prom. I have not aged my Sims up as yet as they have only started their first week (yr) in college. They haven’t officially had graduation either because they started college after they finished HS.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (8,266 Views)

Re: [HSY] Teens Enrolled in College Get Resentful About No Prom Invite Sentiment

★ Guide

i absolutely hate this - i have three teens in relationships and im considering making them all single - like what the hell?
makes me wanna re-enroll them in highschool just to avoid this but i can

Message 2 of 18 (7,373 Views)

Re: [HSY] Teens Enrolled in College Get Resentful About No Prom Invite Sentiment

★★ Novice

I had this same issue in my game only it was between one young adult sim and one teen sim. They had a romantic relationship when they were both teens, but they didn't end things before the one sim aged up. Prom came and they were resentful of each other for not having received prom invites, but teens can't invite young adults and vice versa. 

Message 3 of 18 (7,347 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Teens in College Get Resentful About No Prom Invite Sentiment

★ Guide
@EisQueenTia Molly Prescott turned my sim down earlier in the week. The day comes? Resentful. Agreed to skip with Cassandra Goth after Bella fell off a cliff. Resentful. A YA who aged up and then *died* before prom? Resentful.

Short version is if you have a romance bar with ANYONE, and don't ask them to prom, there will be hurt feelings all around. Even if you and your SO decided to stay at home and cuddle instead.
Message 4 of 18 (6,525 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have no problem with being resentful about no prom invite, if both are still in high school.  This resentful for this go away when your Sims graduate high school early..  

Message 5 of 18 (6,183 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You did not read the post properly. I graduated my teen sims early and enrolled them in college as teens. I did not age them up. So when prom rolls around they will get the resentment even though they don’t have options for high school anymore.

Message 6 of 18 (6,151 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That is a separate bug issue and can be rectified if you apologize to the sim(s) in question. When TEENS are enrolled in college, (meaning they aren’t attending as YA), they NO LONGER have high school social interactions. So there shouldn’t be resentment if they are enrolled in higher education. 

Message 7 of 18 (6,150 Views)

★ Guide

That's the thing.  It DOESN'T go away.  You graduate early, go off to college, and your sims still care about prom for some reason.  Needs to be tied to high school enrollment, not to being a teen.

Message 8 of 18 (6,060 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Exactly!!

For those of you reading and my not understand, traditionally in the US, you go to college at 18. I tried this out to see if it was possible and it is BUT you still have this annoying bug. Let’s just say I don’t use this option anymore. 

Message 9 of 18 (6,044 Views)

★ Pro

I've had the same problem with a Teen who dropped out of High School. He no longer has the option to invite other teens to the Prom (at least that I've seen), yet he and his teen romantic interest both resent not being asked to the Prom.

This Sentiment definitely needs an "is enrolled in High School" check.

Message 10 of 18 (5,440 Views)