by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] Still Yellow Dot on Social Bunny Notifications are turned off

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, including early access HYS (courtesy of EACN)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the phone, go to the social bunny app and choose Turn off Notifications.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Phone still gets the yellow dot when there are new things on the phone.
What do you expect to see? Not getting notifications if I turn it off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing HSY

Deactivating Social Bunny completely does get rid of the notifications but that's not what I want for one of my Sims.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 4 (2,716 Views)

Re: [HSY] Still Yellow Dot on Social Bunny Notifications are turned off

★★★ Guide

i took this to mean that the "turn off notifications" is only for the notification sound not the yellow dots. but yes, if we could turn off the dots also that would be great.

Message 2 of 4 (2,259 Views)

Re: [HSY] Still Yellow Dot on Social Bunny Notifications are turned off

[ Edited ]
Hero

@moxhollow Yes, I'm afraid that is the case. It also get rid of the TNS I got a few times though.

Playing a bit more made think they never meant for the yellow dot to go away so this might be feedback.

There's two things which I personally think this is a bug though

- If in RL i turn off my notifications, there's no green dot showing
- The calendar dot is broken too so this could be as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (2,233 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Still Yellow Dot on Social Bunny Notifications are turned off

★★ Guide

I also think that the "Turn Off Notifications/Turn On Notifications" feature is poorly worded. 

There are periodic reminders to post on Social Bunny that pop up as a notification with the text:

A lot of Social Bunny-worthy things happened to {0.SimFirstName} today.Open Social Bunny on your phone to post about them! To disable Social Bunny notifications, go to your phone, choose Social Bunny and select Turn Off Notifications.

The On/Off toggle targets the messages reminding a sim to post on SB after an interesting event.

20220823_183343_%pn.png

Message 4 of 4 (1,797 Views)