Re: Social bunny won't let me add contacts/also no followers

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Social bunny won't let me add contacts

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Is anyone else not able to add friends/contacts after adding like 15? It let me add a few the first day but after that I haven't been able to add anyone else even though there are tons of them on the available to 'add to contacts' screen. I also noticed my sims got some social bunny followers (55) that first day and none afterwards despite all the posting/tagging/messages.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Constant
What is your current game version number?  1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Toddler Stuff, Little Campers and Carnaval Steerwear Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open Social Bunny, go to friends, try to add contact
What happens when the bug occurs? I hear the sound as if the contact has been added, but when you go back into the screen the person you added is still there to be added.
What do you expect to see? I expected the sims to be added to contacts like they were the first day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I have only MCCC's latest version
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? After installing HSY

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (3,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@r4lnjdzsfjpd There's a thread for issues with followers here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-HSY-Social-Bunny-No-Followers-Not-increasing/td-p/1167632...

Could you edit your post and make it about adding only ?

Please also add answers to these questions

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Done!
Message 3 of 8 (3,224 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Updated game and tested again, still having this issue.

Message 4 of 8 (3,169 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I tested Social Bunny on a mostly vanilla game quite recently with just MCCC and UI Cheats. It's quite dumb but the Sim you wish to add contact on SB *has* to be in the Active Household, and that's impossible defaultly on a Full House game

Message 5 of 8 (2,971 Views)

Hero
@nfsrpfan No, it should work with no-household Sims just as well.

Works fine for me at least.

Could you test without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,951 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Social bunny won't let me add contacts

★★ Novice

I just encountered this issue myself. I'm trying for the Admired Icon teen aspiration that eventually requires 250 followers and since I already have more than that number of friends I started adding all of them on SB. It stopped adding them when I hit 30. I'm on the Xbox/X and have every pack and most of the kits if that makes a difference. 

On an unrelated note, my friends aren't being counted in the aspiration I mentioned either. I'm on the first level of it and need to Make 10 Teen Friends and I already have 25, all with the friendship bar at least half full. This is the first time I've run into this problem where the credit isn't automatically given for a part of a milestone that's already complete. 

Message 7 of 8 (2,033 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Social bunny won't let me add contacts

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Has anyone experienced this on a save that hasn't used any mods or cc? 

If so, would you be willing to share the affected save?  Instructions here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8 (1,954 Views)