by crinrict

Original Post

[HSY] Sims get expelled when not played

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.98.127.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but JTB, Toddlers Stuff, MFPS, Fitness Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim expelled from High School, they won’t be able to reenroll.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get expelled when you’re not even playing them, even if you don’t want them to and you can’t even reenroll.
What do you expect to see? I want my sims to be able to reenroll if they’ve been expelled from High School, especially if I was not even playing them when it happened and didn’t want them to be expelled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Today’s patch makes it impossible to reenroll, and before that the teen kept being expelled at the end of everyday every time they reenrolled.

Sims that get expelled from High School, especially  when you’re not even playing them, and therefore did not want it, should be able to reenroll. That’s the fix we actually wanted, but today’s patch made it worse. Please fix it! 

Message 1 of 7 (1,876 Views)

Re: (HSY) Expelled teens can’t reenroll

Community Manager
Hi @dianed485,

Does this also happen in a mod free game?

EACade
Message 2 of 7 (1,858 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Cade I only have CAS and Build/buy cc but no script mods.
Message 3 of 7 (1,852 Views)

Hero
@dianed485 It's best practice to try without anything third party before reporting in the bug forum :D

Did you get a message that the NPCs got expelled or were they just not in high school when you switched to them ? Did you still have active Sims being expelled for no reasons ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictWhen I switched to that household, I realized the teens had been expelled. I reenrolled them, then at the end of the school day they got expelled again. And that happened with several teens from different household. 
That’s why we need to be able to reenroll them if we want to.

Message 5 of 7 (1,780 Views)

Hero
@dianed485 That part is feedback though as the notes clearly state that you can't re-enroll anymore after the patch.

I do agree they shouldn't be expelled while you are not playing though so is that still happening for you after the patch and without anything in your mods folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictYes it is still happening. Today I was playing a household, sent the teen to school on his own, and he came back I had a pop-up saying he had been expelled, and It didn’t even say why. Then I quit without saving, went to school with my sim, he did great, and he still was expelled at the end of the day for no reason at all.

What are people that play with aging off supposed to do with a teen sim that can’t even go to school ? See, that’s why they need to make sims able to reenroll in school.

Message 7 of 7 (1,120 Views)