[FIXED] [HSY] Sims can only wear their graduation outfit, nothing else!

by Erja888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [HSY] Sims can only wear their graduation outfit, nothing else!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 10.36 (?) The game is up-to-date to the second patch for highschool August 2022
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: all GP: all but Journey to Batuu and Werewolves SP: all but Perfect Patio, My First Pet Stuff and Paranormal Kits: None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to his/her graduation at the auditorium and choose a graduation outfit. Keep your Sim in their graduation outfit and save the game after the Sim came back home. When you load the game the next time your Sim can only wear their graduation outfit. (It is shown in every category: casual, formal, sport, night, party, beach, hot, cold) When you go into CAS the Sim is showing his/her real clothing, but when you klick on them to change outfits they only have their graduation outfit as a choice, however the shoes are still changing (e.g. boots for winter wear, sandals for hot weather).
What happens when the bug occurs? When you click on the sim and want to change outfit, the only outfit showing for every category is the graduation outfit with cap.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the outfits I have chosen for my Sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. High school patch (July or August 2022)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title 

Message 1 of 20 (10,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Graduation Gown outfit is the only outfit my sim can wear

Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims who left graduation early were occasionally stuck in their graduation outfits.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (2,868 Views)

All Replies

Re: [HSY] Sims can only wear their graduation outfit, nothing else!

Hero
@Erja888 Did you test this without mods ? You might need to re-roll your save to before graduation.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (10,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Erja888 You’ve probably already resolved this by now but I figured I’d reply the quick fix I found since I experienced this too. I just went on CAS and edited one of the everyday outfits (I just changed the top) then when I left it sorta fixed it. So all my outfits were now back to normal and didn’t have the graduation gown in every single one. Hope that helps someone who gets this issue too Standard smile)
Message 3 of 20 (9,474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

have this issue too. have tried everything. resetting, moving households, inviting the sim over to other lots, changing the sim in CAS, but no matter what she won’t change out of the damn graduation robe. horrible bug 

Message 4 of 20 (9,157 Views)

Hero
@femaledonjuan Is this on a save with no mods/CC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (9,144 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this problem as well. I don't know why all of a sudden this is an issue. I did a test save even one with mods and this wasn't an issue. The only diffeerence that I can think of is that this sim is an occult while the other sims weren't. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Or what is the cause? In CAS, the graduation oufit is not there but it is there for every single outfit in live mode. Why?!?  Why does the team make everything so buggy and unplayable!!! I'm sick of it!!!

Message 6 of 20 (8,911 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nah, that bug its horrible, i tried everything but it doesn't work, I hate it. I saw in a reply that maybe it was their occults but my sim is normal, I don't understand, please we need solutions

Message 7 of 20 (8,873 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it does have mods, but i turned off all mods and the bug still persisted so i think it has to do with some lazy testing of the high school pack. however, i did manage to fix it. what i did was let the duration of the graduation event run out and didn't send my sim home until she autonomously changed back into her normal clothes, at around 11pm-midnight. so relieved i could've cried lmao

Message 8 of 20 (8,787 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just happened to me as well. My Sim can only wear graduation outfits.

It's pretty sad that this bug still exists considering the fact that it got reported back in August & now it's almost December..

Message 9 of 20 (7,689 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [HSY] Sims can only wear their graduation outfit, nothing else!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I also encountered this problem. After the school graduation, all the outfits were in place, but a graduation cap stuck to the sim. In CAS hat was not, in game mode is not removed. The problem eliminated itself after a period of time (the sim just slept). I think there was some hidden buff, which passed, and the hat was removed.

Message 10 of 20 (6,858 Views)