by jodiemarler97

Original Post

[OPEN] [HSY] Prom Social Interactions disapeared

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, outdoor retreat, dine out, spa day, parenthood, dreamhome, my wedding and all stuff packs except perfect patio, cool kitchen, romantic garden, backyard and my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When clicking on my own sim or other sims the prom interaction menu does not appear. Meaning I can not make a promposal sign, ask other sims to prom or any of the other reaction. I also cannot interact with the promposal board in BB
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot do prom interactions with other sims or with my own sim
What do you expect to see? The prom menu to appear when clicking on another sim or my own sim. To be able to ask sims to prom. To be able to create promposal signs and ask sims to prom by a note in the locker
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I first got high school I had no problems at all with prom or the pack. Then recently I had teens in my household after not playing with teens for a little while and I noticed prom was not on the calender. After looking at the other forums about prom being missing I turned aging off and it worked, but then I noticed that my sim had no prom interactions meaning that I cant ask other sims to prom etc. I looked and no one else seems to be having this problem. I took out my mods, did a factory start, repaired the game, tried other saves and it is still not appearing. When I started a brand new game and saw it was still missing I realised this was a bigger problem then it being a mod. I dont know what to do to fix this :/ I have attached a photo of the missing menu from James Turners video

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (4,885 Views)

Re: Prom Social Interactions disapeared

Hero
@jodiemarler97 When you tested a new save, did you reuse the same teen or a different one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (4,861 Views)

★★ Novice

It was a new household when I tried a different save. Even when I did the factory reset thing I made a new household 

Message 3 of 14 (4,850 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have this same problem!
Message 4 of 14 (4,363 Views)

Hero
@mimioluwa Have you ever been using mods/still use mods/CC or did you remove them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (4,342 Views)

★ Guide

Just now my prom menu disappeared. I think maybe it might have something to do with the day of the week but, I am not sure. Right now it's also a holiday in my game so maybe it will come back when thats over?

Message 6 of 14 (3,891 Views)

★ Guide

Nope its gone.

Message 7 of 14 (3,882 Views)

Re: [HSY] Prom Social Interactions disapeared

★★★ Novice

I am currently having the same issue. I have tried just about everything to fix it but nothing has worked.

Message 8 of 14 (3,825 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same 

Message 9 of 14 (3,667 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi! I may have found a fix.

My Teen sim lost his Prom interactions as well. Prom is still on the calendar but the prom category on interactions was not there.

I played a bit more and joined my Teen sim to a Career Day. My Teen sim traveled to the auditorium and then right after the career day, I suddenly got a prompt saying "Prom is happening on Saturday" bla bla, and all my prom interactions were back.

So maybe we just need to join an event at the auditorium to get the prom interactions back. Standard smile

Message 10 of 14 (3,168 Views)