[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Principle is missing option to ask about school

by DragonAge_300905

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Principle is missing option to ask about school

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs including the fitness clothing kit. I don't have the kids backyard kit or clothing kits except for what was mentioned.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had a teen sim complete the botanist aspiration and become a grade A student before the hsy pack was released. After saving her to my library I started a new game with her in the same neighborhood as the principal. She met the principal during the welcome wagon on Sunday. On Monday she couldn't ask the principal about school, nor was she told what classroom she was in.
What happens when the bug occurs? She has the option to graduate early but not ask about the school. But she did have the option to ask in the game I was playing where she lived in the werewolf's world.
What do you expect to see? The option to ask about school on the first day of school in a new game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. hsy pack and latest patch.

See above description of bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 5 of 12 (3,235 Views)

Re: Sims 4

[ Edited ]

When I started a new game and chose the same neighborhood that the principal lives in, the principal came over with the welcome wagon, (on Sunday) and met my sim. When I sent my sim to school, the next day, there was no option to ask the principal about school and my sim wasn't told what classroom to use. I could ask to graduate early since my sim was a grade A student prior to the release of hsy, which I had my sim do.

I own all packs except for the kids backyard kit and the clothing kits but I do have 1 clothing fitness kit.

Never used mods or CC in my game.

Playing on pc with latest patch installed.

ETA, I did not click me too because I didn't try to use anything at the school. I just graduated early and sent my sim home.

Message 1 of 12 (3,225 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DragonAge_300905 Hm, mine came over in another save as above mentioned to the welcome wagon as well but didn't have any issue asking her for schedule either.

Guess it is a vital step for the rest to work.

Can you try another teen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (3,217 Views)

Just tested with new sim and he was able to ask about school and was told his classroom number. I cheated him to have money to buy the lot, saved him to library, and started new game in same neighborhood as principal.

On the sim that is grade A student, she could ask about school and get classroom number when she was living in a different world. I was playing her for 2 in game weeks  before the hsy pack released. She was in the werewolf's world and I sent her to school from there. After that I started new game with her (saved her to library) and moved her into the same neighborhood as the principal. That's when she couldn't ask about school after meeting the principal during the welcome wagon.

Message 3 of 12 (3,201 Views)

Hero
@DragonAge_300905 Could you post in the bug forum ? I can merge this afterwards

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (3,195 Views)

Message 6 of 12 (3,188 Views)

Re: Ask principal about school

Here is the teen. I changed her trait from perfectionist to socially awkward.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/846551D611E811ED8B19752C1E30C998?category=al...

Message 7 of 12 (3,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DragonAge_300905 Interesting about the socially awkward. Did the other teen that worked also have that trait ?

EDIT: Merged your other posts

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (3,176 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes I gave him the socially awkward trait and one of the teen aspirations.

ETA, on the teen that couldn't ask about school. Her winter clothes aren't from the winter category.

Message 9 of 12 (3,132 Views)

Re: [HSY] Principle is missing option to ask about school

★★★★ Pro

My Sim met the principal on his first day in school and got the daily task to ask about school. But the option also didn't show in the conversation choices.

Message 10 of 12 (3,112 Views)