[NEEDS SAVES][HSY] NPC ask other Sim regardless of age/rel status to advance rel

by PositivelySIMful

Original Post

Re: [HSY] NPCs ask other Sims regardless of age/rel status to advance relationsh

★ Novice

I had Johnny Zest ask to marry my teen! I have no cc or mods installed and it kind of shocked me. He didn't even know Johnny!

I've had teens ask adults to prom and to be BFFs without meeting previously as well. HSY has some big bugs with relationships in my opinion.

Screenshot of proposal included.

Message 21 of 63 (1,879 Views)

Sims 4 - NPC Girlfriend of Active Sim Repeatedly Asking to be Girlfriend

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Only tested one case so far, involving teens.
What is your current game version number?  1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

Expansions: Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, High School Years, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape

Game Packs: Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires, Werewolves
Stuff Packs: Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff

Steps:

How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Teen Sim successfully ask another Sim to be their boyfriend/girlfriend. Save and exit game. Launch game, play again for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim's partner arrives on the lot without invitation (in my case, it happened while at school and the partner Sim was not a student despite being a Teen), beelines to the Sim, and auto pops up a window that says "[NPC Sim] wants to take things to the next level! Will [Active Sim] be her girlfriend?". In this case, both of the Sims in question are girls so it asked "Rashidah Watson wants to take things to the next level! Will Isabel be her girlfriend?". I clicked yes. This happened 3 more times before I was able to exit the lot at the end of the school day. The partner NPC Sim asked my active Sim on a date, and while on the date she asked my active Sim to be her girlfriend two more times. In the relationship tab they are indeed already dating and have still exchanged promise rings.
What do you expect to see? I expected none of this to happen, because the two Sims have already been dating. My active Sim still had the temporary emotion boost of happiness from the promise rings!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not to my knowledge. The most I do is use the in-game console commands and download things from the gallery that may have used moveobjects.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. After latest patch update and installation of High school years

Message 22 of 63 (1,849 Views)

Re: [HSY] NPCs ask other Sims regardless of age/rel status to advance relationsh

★★★★★ Newbie

I had a teen ask a toddler to be his girlfriend rather than the teen he had been flirting with. (The toddler’s older sister). Totally unacceptable!

Message 23 of 63 (1,861 Views)

★★★ Guide

My teenage Sim's acquaintances from school (not even friends) are letting themselves into the house regularly to ask to be best friends.

They also ask his adult mother, who they had never met, to be best friends.

Similarly, one of my teen Sim's friends asked them to be best friends. I said yes, and got the notification for becoming Good Friends because that's the amount of relationship boost that was gained. The relationship panel then ended up like this:

Message 24 of 63 (1,794 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Not quite the same but I just had Luna Villareal ask my Sims step-Mother to go to the prom, even though they've never met. The amount of bugs that this pack has introduced is absolutely disgusting. EA should be shamed!Angry

Message 25 of 63 (1,778 Views)

best friends

★★★ Novice

I havent had any bugs til the recent update. Big bug is the npcs asking my sims to be best friends each time they meet them. So i have about 30 sims with hurt sentiments because you can only have 1 best friend. Its just annoying honestly. Also my sims will just sleep all the time even when theyre not tired. If i let them do whatever they want, all they do is sleep...constantly! 

Message 26 of 63 (1,762 Views)

Teens asking adults to prom

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except wedding stories
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? My teen went to the doctor(mod) and Cassandra busted into my house and asked my teen’s father if they can go to prom together. When he said no, she got upset.
What do you expect to see? If I’m going to be honest, I don’t even know. Probably a teen not asking an adult to go to prom.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch

I think the photo speaks volumes. Why is a teen asking an adult to prom? And why are they upset when they say no?

Message 27 of 63 (1,758 Views)

Re: Teens asking adults to prom

★★★★★ Apprentice
@iiBrokenFrames I had Luna Villareal walk into my Sims house, without being invited I might add, and ask his Step-Mother, a Sim she'd never met, to be her Prom date.
I've now taken to keeping the doors locked and all creepy teenagers away from my adult Sims!
Message 28 of 63 (1,734 Views)

Autonomous BFF Requests at High School

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion, game pack, stuff pack and kit installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become friendly with multiple sims whilst at high school
What happens when the bug occurs? An average of 5 sims ask your sim to become best friends every day at high school
What do you expect to see? Less frequent asking to be best friend
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing the new High School Years expansion

Genuinely, the frequency of sims asking you to become best friends is insane. It’s bad at home too (people just walk into your home, even if it’s locked, to ask to become best friends - even if you’ve never met them sometimes) but I can have 5 or more teens at school ask to be bff, sometimes multiple times a day.

Message 29 of 63 (1,693 Views)

Re: Autonomous BFF Requests at High School

★★★★★ Apprentice

This just happened to me! My Sim's friend walked into their house and asked her mother to prom... this is SO inappropriate! Teens should not be asking adults out... And I had three people ask my sim to be best friends at school - and she already has a best friend and barely knows there people. It's really weird. 

Message 30 of 63 (1,667 Views)