[NEEDS SAVES][HSY] NPC ask other Sim regardless of age/rel status to advance rel

by PositivelySIMful

Original Post

Re: Adult NPC autonomously proposed to my child Sim.

Hero
@c5f2745w3qlr Most reports have been for becoming GF/BF and BFFs so far but I think it's basically the same and we don't need a thread for every instance.

Merged your post now.

Keeping the already married one separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 63 (1,287 Views)

Re: Adult NPC autonomously proposed to my child Sim.

★★★★★ Newbie
Ah yeah Nina Caliente did have a romantic relationship with the mother of the child so think it is related to this thread with mixed up relationship interactions, thanks @crinrict
Message 12 of 63 (1,285 Views)

Re: [HSY] NPCs ask other Sims regardless of age/rel status to advance relationsh

★★★ Novice

So my teen sim's elder teacher just called him on the phone to tell him she's got a crush on him.  That's uh a bit of emergent gameplay I certainly wasn't expecting...I have a screenshot and save if anyone wants it, but it's looking like this bug is pretty well documented already...

Message 13 of 63 (1,261 Views)

Re: [HSY] NPCs ask other Sims regardless of age/rel status to advance relationsh

★★ Guide

Experienced this as well:
Teen girlfriend of Teen sim came by and asked the father (elder) to be in a relationship.
Don't know if relevant but the teen boyfriend was away from the lot at the time (volunteering) and the father was the one closest to the visitor spawning point.

Message 14 of 63 (1,229 Views)

★★ Guide

No romantic mishaps here yet, but a teen did walk into the house without invitation and asked the adult of the house (whom they've never met) to be their best friend. The teen of the house was friends with him, but not even at good friends level yet.

Message 15 of 63 (1,200 Views)

NPCs asking sims they haven't met to be BFFs

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have one household member have a positive relationship with an NPC. That NPC then asks other household members without knowing them to be BFFs. It's constant.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click no and my sims lose or gain relationship accordingly and any attached sentiments before having been introduced to the NPC. I still have to have them do an introduction to have them interact further but they already have a relationship.
What do you expect to see? NPCs shouldn't be asking sims they haven't met to be BFFs and definitely not as often as they do. It happens all the time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. July 27th 2022 update, High School Years

See attached image:

Child sim can't open Malcolm Landgraab's sim profile because they haven't met but already have a negative relationship due to Malcolm asking to be BFFs and the child sim declining. I can't see the sentiments because I can't open the profile, but the child sim gets a negative sentiment buff when Malcolm is nearby.

Message 16 of 63 (1,198 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think this is the best post to add my bug, but I'm not sure because it's via the phone

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? I don't know
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

All of them, and all kits with build/buy items
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

I'm not sure, I didn't do anything, the adult got a romantic relationship with the teen via Social Bunny App
What happens when the bug occurs?

A married Adult sim calls my teen sim, telling my sim that he has a crush on her and asking her out on a date

What do you expect to see?

Not having adult sims ask my teens out 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

This save has always been 100% mod free, I uninstalled/reinstalled the game and refreshed the sims 4 folder
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the latest patch and the new expansion pack.

This adult sim because the social bunny causing random romantic relationships bug . My sim got a random phone call, I tired ignoring it and didn't click on the phone icon at all. my sim was actively doing something else. and the pop up still happened. it was a married adult sim (I think it's Sydney's dad?), told my sim he had a crush on her and asked her out. I clicked on the "Let's just be friends" and it didn't remove any romantic relationship

creepyphonecall.png

Message 17 of 63 (1,150 Views)

Sim keeps asking to take relationship to the next Level

★★★★★ Guide

My teen sim is dating Malcom Landgraab (he is evil so this may or may not be a bug). He keeps asking my sim, her friends and her father to take their relationships with him to the next level. I keep saying no, with exception to my sim because they are supposed to be dating, and it is affecting the other relationships. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Message 18 of 63 (1,178 Views)

Re: Sim keeps asking to take relationship to the next Level

★★★★ Expert

Yes, this is a known bug. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/HSY-NPCs-ask-other-Sims-regardless-of-age-rel-status-to-advanc...

If you think this sounds like your issue, you should "Me, too" the first post.

Message 19 of 63 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PositivelySIMful A sim came to visit my sim, then went to my sleeping toddler and asked him to marry him, then, when rejected, went to the toddlers mum, the person he was here to see, and asked her to marry him, which she also rejected. He had never met my sim before
Message 20 of 63 (1,346 Views)