Re: [HSY] NPCs ask other Sims regardless of age/rel status to advance relationsh

by Anna-Hanna2000

Original Post

Re: [HSY] NPCs ask other Sims regardless of age/rel status to advance relationsh

★★ Guide

Same thing just happened. Teen boy that the teen girl in my household is in a romantic relationship with -- they recently had their first kiss -- asked that sim's adult mother to be their girlfriend. 

The mother is adult, and married to the teen girl's father. The two teens are best friends and with maybe quarter of the pink bar, so it was obviously meant for her, but for some reason targeted her mom instead. The usual rejection etc sentiments between mom and the teen boy.

Message 41 of 63 (1,560 Views)

Adult sims aggressively wanting to be best friends?

★★★★★ Novice

Since getting the High School pack, I've had adult sims walking straight into my other adult sims houses asking to be best friends multiple times a day. When they're turned down, it negatively impacts their friendship, now my sims are losing all their friends because they always want to be best friends. I'm sick of people constantly walking into their houses and ruining their sentiments. Is there any way to turn it off?

Message 42 of 63 (1,563 Views)

Being proposed to by people I've never met?

★★★ Novice

Hi, new player.  I do have the HSY pack installed but something weird is happening where my Sims are having the following happening from NPCs they've never met:

* Marriage proposals from people I am not in a relationship with
* Asking me to be their BFF when we've never hung out
* Asking to be BF/GF with people I also have not met

How do I make that stop?
It's very frustrating and makes me start most of my interactions with new people in the negatives because they're dejected.

I click on the sim and it has all the funny/cheerful/etc. introduction wheel available confirming I've never met them before.

Message 43 of 63 (1,528 Views)

Re: Being proposed to by people I've never met?

Hero
@EyeKahn I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 63 (1,476 Views)

Sims ask me to be best friends when I have little or no friendship with them

★★★ Newbie

This occurred after the last patch

Message 45 of 63 (1,317 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue keeps happening to me

Message 46 of 63 (1,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the reason why Sims 4 is virtually unplayable without some kind of mods to tweak the stupid, buggy NPC behavior. In this case, I use MCCC to just force the intruding sim to go home. Click on the uninvited sim -> choose MCCC -> Self Command -> Main Interactions -> Go Home.

It seems like a lot, but it's nothing compared to having to deal with the consequences of rejecting the sim, or accepting, then losing your best friend.

Every damn release, there's some idiotic behavior that's introduced which not only makes this reality simulation less realistic, but frustratingly annoying.

Message 47 of 63 (1,168 Views)

Too many asking to be best friends when you can only have one

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have no idea if this is a bug or not, doesn't quite seem like it, but here it is.

What I don't understand is why every sim that reaches a certain friendship level with your sim, asks to be your best friend. If you already have one and say 'no', then they get sad and friendship level drops. And why the seemingly harsh response choice: "no way"?! That's just mean. I'd rather say something along the lines of "hey, you're a really good friend that I don't want to lose, but I have a best friend already". 

Is anyone noticing this?

(and thank you EA_ Lanna)

Message 48 of 63 (1,037 Views)

Re: Too many asking to be best friends when you can only have one

Hero
@Hawksdaughter I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 63 (993 Views)

Re: Too many asking to be best friends when you can only have one

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you!!

Message 50 of 63 (985 Views)