[NEEDS SAVES][HSY] NPC ask other Sim regardless of age/rel status to advance rel

by PositivelySIMful

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES][HSY] NPC ask other Sim regardless of age/rel status to advance rel

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play two Sims not living together in a romantic relationship
What happens when the bug occurs? My teen Sim's crush came over to "take things to the next level." But instead of approaching my teen Sim, he approached her adult mom to ask. I happened to be controlling the mom at the time, but my teen Sim was also in the house. I tried accepting to see what would happen, and the mom and teen boy were listed as boyfriend/girlfriend in the profile. They had never even met before and had no relationship. I had the mom introduce herself. There was no option to ask the teen boy to just be friends. The mom had to break up with him with the mean interactions, and both the teen boy and mom now hate each other. The teen boy was so depressed after getting dumped by the mom that it put a damper on the relationship with my teen Sim. 
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the NPC approach the Sim they have a relationship with if they wanna ask them out, not just a random household member. I certainly don't expect a teen and adult to have a relationship.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Uploaded the new expansion pack this morning.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 2 of 63 (8,772 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [HSY] NPC Teen asked Adult to be their Boyfriend/Girlfriend

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello.

Would anyone encountering this issue be willing to share affected save files?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

View in thread

Message 57 of 63 (5,138 Views)

All Replies

Re: Teen NPC came over to ask an adult Sim to be his girlfriend.

★★★★ Novice

YES! I just had this happen. For some reason, my teen sim can't accept his partner's request to be boyfriends because the npc keeps asking and I keep saying yes, but then he came over and asked out my sim's mom! and I was able to say yes as the mom! They hadn't even met too

Message 1 of 63 (8,756 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Somehow relationships and romance are messed. I have similar problem. My teen sim started autonomously flirting with his teacher (elder). Now they have pink bar.

Message 3 of 63 (8,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That sounds like a different issue. Please create your own thread.

Information about this thread

This thread is about the following topic (there are still some stray posts in here but I don't have the time nor the energy to fully clean it up):

This includes

• Sims asking your Sims to be BFF all the time although the relationship is too low to actually have the interaction
  • Sim asking your Sim to be GF/BF all the time although the relationship is too low to have the interaction
  • Sim asking your Sim to get married all the time although the relationship is too low to have the interaction

Because of this, there's also questions the rel bit is actually set if you say yes and they'll get a hurt/bitter sentiment if you say no.

There is another issue that has it's own thread now (lots of posts in this thread would belong in the other thread):

Please use this thread if your teens best friend suddenly ask your Sims mother to become BFFs (example). 

There are two issues that are similar and related to the same system. 

There are also a few similar issues with the Crush system and Social Bunny that have their own thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 63 (8,673 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, I just started another thread with another teen/adult romance problem. Not to be nitpicky but because that particular issue is important for them to prioritize lol.

Message 5 of 63 (8,650 Views)

★ Novice

My sims are doing this too - my teenage daughter's boyfriend has asked her sister and her mother to be his girlfriend. Now everyone is bitter when he comes over. 

Message 6 of 63 (8,607 Views)

Adult NPC autonomously proposed to my child Sim.

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, High School Years, Snowy Escape. Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household with a child and know an adult outside of your family I guess.
What happens when the bug occurs? An adult autonomously proposed to a child. (Obviously they had no romantic relationship) A pop up appeared saying 'It finally happened! Nina Caliente is proposing to Saffron Berry (my child sim)' I chose the No way! option and they now have a bad relationship and a rejection sentiment. The child was able to perform 'Accuse of going too fast' and 'Admire courage' interactions.
What do you expect to see? Autonomous proposals only between young adults and older and probably only when in a romantic relationship.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. If this includes official patches, it occurred after the latest patch and installing High School Years.

Image attached show sentiments between Nina and my child Sim.

Message 7 of 63 (8,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

my bug problem is quite similar, but in a way slightly more extreme.

It's occuring since the latest patch and Highschool Years Release.

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an Sim befried another not household sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? My adult sim befriended Victor Feng and his Wife at a Community Lot. Later at the home lot, both Victor and his wife appeared at my sims home without invitation. They walked in the house without invitation. Victor asked the toddler "if they wanted to be best friends". An the wife did the same with the child, They never met before.

It's only one example. It happed again and again. Like waves. Always two sims twice a day. My teens girlfriend asked his father to prom...,

What do you expect to see? First of all I expect that not every Sim, friend or not, can walk in my sims house without invitation. Secondly Victor Feng asks my adlut sim if they want to be best friends. And third the teens girlfriend asks him and not his father to prom.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the latest patch and the new expansion pack.

Message 8 of 63 (8,586 Views)

Re: Adult NPC autonomously proposed to my child Sim.

Hero
@c5f2745w3qlr there's currently two threads on this which are kinda kept separate although maybe the same.

So was the adult already married or not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 63 (8,587 Views)

Re: Adult NPC autonomously proposed to my child Sim.

★★★★★ Newbie

No the adult (just noticed actually technically she's a young adult) is not married. 

Ahh sorry I tried to check whether there were any reports of the same thing happening but couldn't find anything to do with proposals to children. I don't tend to report bugs but thought this one was pretty bad so wanted to make sure it got fixed.

I immediately pressed "no way" but wonder what would have happened if I said yes... 🤔 

Message 10 of 63 (8,558 Views)