by trapstar0217

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] NPC teens stop showing up after a while

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? n/a
What happens when the bug occurs? n/a
What do you expect to see? n/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Is anyone else having the issue of Town Sims not showing up to school anymore? In the new pack High School years, as i started playing it was fine everyone showed up. Now it seems that some teens are not showing up, they are not coming to school anymore. I play on the Xbox Series S. Is this a bug or ?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number, filled out form from answers given.

Message 1 of 10 (1,868 Views)

Re: Bug

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Do you still have plenty of teens in your town or did they age up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,849 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict They did not age up. I turned off auto age snd set my game back to normal lifespan because of the bug happening with age up. But as i been playing i feel like less teen sims are coming to school. For example, i first noticed this when my Sim started to date Sidney Price. I noticed he stopped coming to school. Then i noticed others like Casandra Goth has not been showing up either, etc. So im thinking this has to be a glitch.

Message 3 of 10 (1,841 Views)

Hero
@trapstar0217 Could you edit your first post and fill in the info ? That would help a lot.

Thank you.

Did you count how many you have ? Are others coming instead ? It seems pretty random who's there. I assume the 20 lot max applies to high school as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,830 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict Ive counted, there is only 9 NCP teens that are showing up to school. Plus staff, in total on lot is about 15-16. It seems like its the same teen sims are not showing up anymore, Sindey Price, Savannah Price, Cassandra Goth, Rohan Elderberry & Simeon Silversweater have not showed up anymore to school after a day of me playing. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,751 Views)

Hero
@trapstar0217 15-16 doesn't sounds so bad. Depending on your computer, you might have less than 20. 20 is simply the max you can have.

As they do vary who comes to school, I'm not sure this is a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,721 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict As i stated in my previous reply, its certain teen sims that are not showing up anymore. They all were coming and now the Teen Sims that i mentioned in my last reply, they have not came back. I believe its a bug because even if a few come a day, its the same people not showing up anymore. If they randomly come then those people should also be coming.

Message 7 of 10 (1,689 Views)

Hero
@trapstar0217 I've had rotations in the Sims that are coming to school too just like any other lot in the game.

I understand why you want the same ones but it depends on the design if something is a bug or not.

I can't tell you what the design is but I personally don't think it's a bug.

At the end of the day it will depend on how many users are bother by this and if Maxis decides to change/fix is.

We shall see.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,657 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict seems like others are having this issue as well. 

Message 9 of 10 (1,633 Views)

Re: [HSY] NPC teens stop showing up after a while

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? Thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing files: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

You can DM me the link to your files (note that I may not always respond) or you can upload them via this Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmGBSvKURn9Ew6FLZDXs3cgAjYUGgkqMWbpvehGHmK4CX_ow/viewform

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (1,060 Views)