Re: [HSY] Jester hat stuck on active Sim

by crinrict

Original Post

[HSY] Jester hat stuck on active Sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sim recently won prom jester, and ever since, the jester hat has not been going away. The sim won prom jester about a week ago in sims time and has since aged up to a young adult. No matter how often I change the sim's outfit, repair my game, disable cc, etc. nothing has helped. I emailed EA but they just told me to check AHQ, but it looks like I am the only one with this problem. This has happened with two of my sims so far, I am playing on PC. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:  Pc
Which language are you playing the game in?  English
How often does the bug occur? Every time a sim wins prom jester.
What is your current game version number? SP12: 1. assets.beta-sp12.70
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs I have are High School Years, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, and Get Together. Game packs I have are Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Parenthood, Dine Out, and Spa Day. Stuff packs I have are Paranormal, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, and Movie Hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?  Win prom jester and be crowned the jester hat. Then, see if your sim is able to remove the hat after prom is over.
What happens when the bug occurs? The jester hat cannot be removed.
What do you expect to see? The jester hat off of my sim as soon as prom is over/ after my sim changes out of prom clothes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 8 (4,682 Views)

Hero

@aaronwarnersgffr 

I moved this to the bug forum. Sounds similar to the stuck graduation hat issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Graduation-Hat-Stuck/td-p/8569996

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,622 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for your reply! I have edited the post.
Message 3 of 8 (4,577 Views)

Hero
@aaronwarnersgffr Maybe it works to remove the hat if you age the Sim down and back up in CAs.

So try the following

1. Backup your save game in case anything goes wrong
2. Enter live mode and type testingcheats true and then cas.fulleditmode
3. Shift click on Sim and choose modify in CAS
4. Make the Sim a child
5. Enter Live mode
6. Go back to CAS with modify in CAS again
7. Age back to teen
8. Check game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,560 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for this response! When I tried this, it completely reset the sim and left it up to me to try and make the sim look as it did before I aged it down. I ended up exiting the game to get my sim back to how it was before I aged it down, then I saved the sim to the gallery and added it to my household from there, deleting the original one that had the jester hat issue. This fixed the issue completely, though I did lose all relationships the sim had.
Message 5 of 8 (4,509 Views)

Hero
@aaronwarnersgffr Hm, I thought the look was fixed but I guess it could make you loose other stuff you achieved as well.

Glad you found a solution

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (4,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@aaronwarnersgffr just had this issue, it can be removed by having your sim take a shower
Message 7 of 8 (2,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too!!! did u find the solution for this??

Message 8 of 8 (1,953 Views)