by cosumeu

Original Post

[HSY] High School events repeat/unable to hold science fair

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and Country Kitchen, Bust the Dust, Courtyard Oasis, and Little Campers kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with a teen in it and check the calendar.
What happens when the bug occurs? School events repeat. For me it's always the football and cheerleading ones and this blocks other school events happening such as the science fair.
What do you expect to see? To at least be able to schedule the science fair. I assume the football and cheer events shouldn't be every week in order to allow space for a science fair or I should be able to schedule a science fair on a day other than Thursday (which is when the football event happens each week).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. With the High School Years expansion

I assume this isn't functioning as intended in some regard, because I can't hold a Science Fair at all. I assume there's supposed to be some spacing between them (or maybe I'm wrong and it's a glitch with scheduling the science fair).

All I know is that every week there's the football and cheer events and that I can't schedule a science fair because the football event is in the way. Pictured included to show what I mean. This was taken on a Saturday in game.

In case it's relevant, I'm also experiencing the other HSY calendar glitch where Prom and Graduation don't appear

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 6 (2,511 Views)

Re: High School events repeat/unable to hold science fair

Hero
@MoonlitexAngel Is your teen in an after-school activity ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,461 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It's happened in instances where the teen is in an after-school activity and when they aren't.
Message 3 of 6 (2,437 Views)

Hero
@MoonlitexAngel Chess and computer ? or just the sports ones ?

The calendar seems to be a bit messy with everything in it.

Haven't gotten enough play time personally to have experience but both science fairs have been reported to be happening.

So maybe you need to be in the corresponding activity for that one (yes, the sports one shows up no matter what you are in)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (2,428 Views)

★★ Guide

There's two types of Science Fairs (Computer Team and Chess Team) as there are two types of "Sports Day".

Unfortunately the Science Fairs need to be scheduled by one of the members of the team. They do not happen automatically. From what I gathered from pre-release information this is "as designed". 

When you schedule a fair, you schedule it for the following day. If there is a conflict with another fair the option is disabled.

I had a Chess fair on Tuesday and now I have a Computer fair set for Monday. Each was scheduled the day before (you can schedule on Sunday).

20220806_013209_%pn.png

For what it's worth, I also think it was badly done but hopefully this will allow you to hold the Science Fair.

Message 5 of 6 (2,391 Views)

Re: [HSY] High School events repeat/unable to hold science fair

★ Guide

I got covid and then other life stuff happened and never came back to this.

In case others see that and are confused, the problem is the tool tip is wrong. Since the science fair is meant to be held the day after you set it up and only happens during the week, you can't call on Friday or Saturday to set it up. Instead of telling you that, it claims Sports Day conflicts.

So it's more a "the text should say something else" issue. 

Message 6 of 6 (1,817 Views)