[HSY] High School Prom not taking place

by myeolchi

Original Post

Re: [HSY] Prom Not on the Calendar or Happening

★★ Novice
@lilidabs same here really annoying and heartbreking.
Message 41 of 233 (2,263 Views)

★★ Novice
@Tasty8888 I am having the same issue with no mods installed, even tried to reinstall the game and delete all the pre-existing settings for the game, but nothing works.
Message 42 of 233 (2,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had issue number 1 originally with only MCCC installed. I didn’t save, removed MCCC and the localthunbcache file, but the same issue happened. I also tried disabling Get Famous and changing the lot type of the lounges to “generic”. None of that worked—prom is still on the calendar but the event isn’t happening.

Message 43 of 233 (2,061 Views)

Re: [HSY] [GF] High School Prom/Graduation not working/not in calendar

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same issue. It'll show up on the calendar and I will be able to ask and be asked to prom. Got invited to a get together before prom and when prom time happens NOTHING happens. I've went to the auditorium and it's not even set up for prom. I've played my teen sim for 3 Sim weeks and it's happened EVERY Saturday. I took off MC and it's still happening.

Message 44 of 233 (2,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont have Get Famous, but Prom is not showing up or anything. My Sim on "Friday" created a post on the Bunny app making a comment about prom shoes and what not. But idk how to get it to work. 

Message 45 of 233 (1,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except werewolves, eco, and get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Prom doesn’t show in calendar
What happens when the bug occurs? After pre prom the prom disappears from calendar and if you go to auditorium it’s not in prom mode
What do you expect to see? Prom in the auditorium and in the calendar
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

***I GOT IT TO WORK***

So I tried disabling alls mods, get famous, and I did a backup file so I could completely start a new EA folder. Here’s what I learned and what worked for me. None of those things worked. What I did learn was if I create a new game and start it on the high school world (can’t think of the name atm), and then checked the calendar prom was there. I then added all my mods back and it was still there. I then used UI cheats mod to fast forward to prom day to accept the pre prom invite. Right as the pre prom party is over a notification popped up on the screen asking if I wanted to join my sims at prom. Got there and the auditorium was in prom mode. So it worked. I went back to my other game with the sim I was using that couldn’t go to prom. I saved her to my library. Then went to the new game and placed her in the high school world. Then I clicked the calendar again to double check and prom is still there. I was also able to finally take her to prom. Sooo it looks like the prom option is only working in some save games. I saw a post where another person said it was only working in some of her saves as well. Hope this helps till EA can fix this bug.

***Also I think I may have just realized something. Prom glitches in any saved game I have already had and played with before I got the high school pack. Every new game save I’m creating right now after having the pack is working with no glitches. Try creating new save game and if you want to still play with a specific family just save them to your library so you can add them to the new save

Message 46 of 233 (2,452 Views)

★★★ Novice
@wrathsixx13 Let us know if it works for you too
Message 47 of 233 (2,417 Views)

★★ Novice

I removed all the few Mods, Completely copied to another drive, "Mod" folder shows nothing there. Have no idea whats wrong guess. I'm not going to remove "Get Famous I have to many Sim's and would make my game experience, well lets just say intolerable after 8000 hrs LOL

PS I'm not sure if the MC Command Center is hiding somewhere else? cleaning out the mod folder should have removed it?

Sam the Poet,

pps I love the High school by the way and I guess this bug will get sorted, putting up with the "killer Short / long life thing" wow just saved my Sim's in time

Message 48 of 233 (2,341 Views)

★★ Guide

@Sam-the-poet If you have downloaded MC Command Center some time in the past, it should have been located in the Mods folder, yes.

Seems to be several issues with the Prom, and the author of this issue didn't have the MC Command Center mod installed, as I understand. 

Message 49 of 233 (2,319 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@juliaiscoolia17 This happened to me as well. Was playing with a pretty old savefile and my teens school events never showed on the calender. I fixed it by creating a new savefile and placing my family there. Not a great fix tbh since i was playing a legacy challenge but at least its something :/
Message 50 of 233 (2,256 Views)