[HSY] High School Prom not taking place

by myeolchi

Original Post

Re: [HSY] [GF] High School Prom not taking place

★★ Novice
@myeolchi I am having the same issue...not sure if it showed up in my calendar but it worked fine and I went to the prom 5 or 6 times and then when "The prom is starting" popped up I click on join to the prom and nothing happens all of a sudden a couple days ago. I tried it without any mods, updated MCCC and still nothing works. I haven't tried disabling get famous because my teen is a 3 star celebrity. Until there is a fix, I can't play my game anymore. Frown
Message 171 of 233 (1,444 Views)

Re: [HSY] Prom not starting

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict 

I'm sorry if I'm becoming redundant.  I am really just trying to figure out what is triggering prom to glitch out.  Initially, I truly thought it was related to the teen sims age at the time of the save.  The game gave them a certain number of proms based on how long they would be a teen.  Early play testing seemed to confirm this, as when I started an entirely new save -- prom was back on the calendar -- but still, only enough Saturday's to accommodate my Sim while they were still a teen.

But today, I started a new scenario in my save.  And all proms disappeared from the calendar.  So, I don't know if that has anything to do with it... I'm just reporting what's going on with my game, and hoping it might help someone figure out what's going on.  Thank you!

Message 172 of 233 (1,406 Views)

Hero
@AmandaSmith1221 Did you check if it takes place anyways ? It does seem that other events/maybe scenarios can make it disappear from the calendar but it's still taking place

This thread is now for prom not taking place at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 173 of 233 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont have mods and tried disabling Get Famous and it still wont work. No event on the calendar at all Frown

Message 174 of 233 (1,299 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@sims4stoney I'm having this exact same issue now as well! I was able to go to prom previously, but now when I click the prompt, absolutely nothing happens.
Message 175 of 233 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm joining this thread to say I'm having the same problem too! Prom is not showing in my calendar nor is it starting/taking place on Saturday's at 7pm. I've tried numerous actions to try get it to work just from comments I'm seeing in this and similar posts but still is not showing up. I can't seem to locate what the problem is

Message 176 of 233 (1,180 Views)

★★ Pro

Ok just a thought... What if you remove the lot (or basically just remove the lot trait that makes it possible) where the Accolades event is supposed to happen, would that change anything? Can the event be created if there is no eligible lot for it?

Message 177 of 233 (1,161 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

So sorry, I don't know how to make a new thread. Prom was also not appearing for me then i turned aging off and it showed up. I haven't gone to test it yet.

However, I don't have any prom social interactions at all. The prom menu isn't showing up on other sims or my own sim. I have taken out mods and done a factory reset test and even then, it's still not showing up. I am not sure what the problem is or how to fix it at all :/

Message 178 of 233 (1,030 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to prom in TS4

★★★★ Apprentice
@Hamrab I’m having the same problem I get the prompt telling me that I can go to prom I click to go but nothing happens.
Message 179 of 233 (995 Views)

★ Novice

I found a weird workaround for this issue that doesn't require you to disable Get Famous (although the best option by far is that EA patches the issue):

Have your sim go on a date with someone at ~5 pm. I've found that you can swap in any goaled event, but a date has been the easiest one for me to rely on. Then, the "go to prom" dialogue box will pop up WHILE your sim is on the date (that's the important part). When you select "travel to prom" while on a date, it DOES take you to prom.

Weird, right? But I've tried it 5 times now and it's worked every time. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon and we won't need this workaround, but until then, maybe this will work for others, too!

Message 180 of 233 (947 Views)