by myeolchi

Original Post

Re: [HSY] [GF] High School Prom/Graduation not working

Hero
@Lisbundi Are you using any mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 151 of 233 (1,100 Views)

★★ Novice

No, no Mods or CC :-) I think, like others have posted here, it's maybe because there are other events in place, and that locks prom. I'm not sure :-)

Message 152 of 233 (1,504 Views)

Hero
@Lisbundi There's multiple issues in this thread and I'm in the process of cleaning it up. There was an issue with MCCC so just making sure that's not it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 153 of 233 (1,494 Views)

Highschool Prom not taking place

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to go to prom
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no prom
What do you expect to see? my sims going to prom
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can ask sims to prom, sims can ask my sim to prom, but the prom event never happens. I get a pop up for every other event, but no notifications for prom, and then, because it never happens, my sims' relationships go down, and they get a sad moodlet, because they didn't get asked to prom. It has happened the 3 different times I've tried to go to prom.

Message 154 of 233 (1,405 Views)

High school years prom

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, high school years, cats and dogs, Discover University, seasons, get to work, werewolves, parenthood, dine out, spa day, toddler pack, backyard pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch game, wait for the prom event to come up
What happens when the bug occurs? It’ll tell me a couple in game days before that prom is coming. The day of prom I’ll be invited to a before party but then prom never happens. I showed up to the auditorium and it was completely empty. The prom even doesn’t show up in my calendar either.
What do you expect to see? Prom to be in my calendar and take me to prom when it’s time to go
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Prom hasn’t worked since I downloaded the pack when it came out 

Message 155 of 233 (1,213 Views)

Re: High school years prom

★★ Guide

I've had this happen as well. This is caused by more then 1 event happening on the same day. I've only had it happen once though.

Message 156 of 233 (1,174 Views)

Re: [HSY] [GF] High School Prom not taking place

★★★ Newbie

I had this same issue happen after I went into settings and changed to auto aging. My sims weren't aging so I was going to prom every week forever! Then prom disappeared as soon as they started aging. I turned aging back off so I could go to prom! Super weird! 

Message 157 of 233 (622 Views)

Re: [HSY] [GF] High School Prom not taking place

★★★ Newbie

After a week of trying to figure this issue out, this is what worked for me. 🤦🏾‍♀️

Message 158 of 233 (580 Views)

High School Years not compatible with Cottage Living? {prom}

★★★★★ Newbie

Currently in my game I have tried everything to get prom to work. I've deleted MCCC, disabled mods and even turned the get famous lounges into residentials to get rid of the even notif on the calendar.

However, each Saturday I never have the prom event as it is only the fair event from cottage living. Despite my efforts, cottage living is the only thing conflicting with my prom and graduation.

One time my sim got invited to a gathering before prom but nothing happened, even when I visited the auditorium.

Anyone having the same issue?

Message 159 of 233 (576 Views)

Re: High School Years not compatible with Cottage Living? {prom}

★★ Pro
@Rebecca1495 How strange. Did you also try to start a test save and triple speed your sim through the week and see what happens when prom should occur? And are you playing in Henford?
Message 160 of 233 (561 Views)