by myeolchi

Original Post

[HSY] High School Prom not taking place

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get Together, City Living, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Cottage Living, High School Years, Vampires, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Tiny Living, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have High School Prom and a Get Famous Talent Showcase on the same calendar day and time
What happens when the bug occurs? Prom will not trigger at all. It shows up on the calendar, but only the talent showcase is playable, the prom event doesn't occur at all even though it's listed.
What do you expect to see? Prom should work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. latest update and High School Years install

In summary, if there's a Get Famous talent showcase at the same time as prom, prom doesn't happen at all. Both events show in the calendar, and my sim was even invited to a party in the afternoon before prom without issues, but then at 6pm the talent showcase started, I ignored it, and then 7pm comes and goes and prom simply never happens. I tried traveling to the school, the auditorium is empty. I look at the calendar and even though both events are listed, I only have the option to attend the talent showcase, prom simply doesn't work.

I proceeded to close the game without saving, tried again, same thing happened. Then I closed without saving again and disabled Get Famous in the game properties by using "-disablepacks:EP06" and loaded the game again, this time the talent showcase was gone and prom worked as expected.

For now I'm leaving Get Famous disabled, which does affect my gameplay as I was using fame in it, but I don't see any other way of making prom work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE (edit by the author): remove MC Command Center if you have it in your game, it also breaks prom! This is unrelated to this initial bug that I posted (I had removed mods), but I'm noticing a lot of people experiencing this issue that are using MCCC and I figured that adding this notice to this post would help some people. MCCC is definitely conflicting with HSY events like prom, so if you have the mod remove it first and see if that solves any issues you're experiencing. If you're still experiencing issues after removing MCCC then "me too" this issue. Hope this helps! UPDATE: MCCC has a fix out for this issue, if you use the mod, update it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit, 

Merged several threads, totaling me toos to 60

EDIT EDIT: It's possible that there's currently two separate issues in this thread. The prom/graduation not showing up at all and the prom/graduation not working if another event is going on. Adjusted title to make more general

Message 1 of 233 (89,416 Views)

Re: [HSY] [GF] High School Prom will not work when there's events at the same ti

★ Apprentice
@myeolchi I also have this issue. I didn't know about the get famous get around so thanks.
Message 2 of 233 (89,348 Views)

[HSY] Prom Not on the Calendar or Happening

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a new save file and look at the calendar
What happens when the bug occurs? Prom does not show up on the calendar and the pop-up to go does not appear. When you go to the auditorium, it is in its default state.
What do you expect to see? I expected prom to happen. I expected it to be on the calendar and the event to happen at the auditorium and that I would get a pop-up for my sim to attend.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Prom does not show up on the calendar with all of the other high school events. My teen sim was invited to a get-together before prom, but prom itself never happened and the auditorium was in default. I removed my mods and the local cache file and the issue still occurred. I tried in a new save file and there was no prom on the calendar in that save file either. This is my first post so sorry if I didn't do it right.

Message 3 of 233 (89,837 Views)

Re: [HSY] Prom Not on the Calendar or Happening

★★★ Newbie
@juliaiscoolia17 the sames happening to me, did you figure out the issue?
Message 4 of 233 (89,389 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me, let me know when you figure it out!

Message 5 of 233 (89,352 Views)

★★★ Novice
@juliaiscoolia17 Prom isn't happening for me either, and the calendar had New Years Eve, Prom, the awards show from Get famous and a couple of other events.

Got invited to a pre-prom party, and then no prom. Auditorium was empty.

Someone else reported this same bug and said they disabled Get Famous and finally prom worked for them, it seems to be a conflict between the two events and the game not allowing proms to take place. So if you disable Get Famous, then prom should work.
Message 6 of 233 (89,335 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The only events happening at the time prom should be for me are the fairs from Cottage Living. I’ll try disabling those packs tomorrow though and see what happens.

Message 7 of 233 (89,317 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. My sim's partner also gets a negative sentiment about not being invited when they were, there was just no prom.

Message 8 of 233 (59,154 Views)

★★★ Novice

That happened to me as well. I really hope that EA addresses this quickly! 

Message 9 of 233 (59,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same with me Disabling DLC ​​does not work
Message 10 of 233 (59,115 Views)