by GothamSimmer

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [HSY] Cannot Claim a Locker

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make some teens and see if they'll be able to claim a locker in the high school.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'll select a sim and when I click the locker, nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? Having all my chosen sims be able to select a locker to claim it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, I sent three of my sims to school and only one was able to claim a locker. The other two couldn't. I kept clicking the lockers but zero options to claim one showed up. I've tried changing the school, I've tried turning the game on and off, resetting objects but nothing is working. I don't have mods or cc. I play on ps4.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 22 (7,035 Views)

Can’t claim a locker

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything expect get together, eco, and werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click the lockers to claim them
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t claim a locker
What do you expect to see? To be able to claim a locker
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can’t click on the locker to claim it….helpppp

so when I first got the pack I played with all my mods and I could claim the locker just fine but I couldn’t go to prom. So I removed mods to fix prom issue but it didn’t fix. So then I created a new save with out mods and the prom was fixed but in the new save the lockers were broken. I then added all my mods back after all this. So with or without mods the lockers still don’t work in my new saves.

Message 2 of 22 (7,028 Views)

Re: Cannot Claim a Locker.

Hero

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (6,999 Views)

Re: Can’t claim a locker

Hero
@cug309um9wer I merged your thread. Can you also claim for one and not for others or not at all ? Any mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (6,984 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click the lockers to claim them
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t claim a locker
What do you expect to see? To be able to claim a locker
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? When HSY came out first, i was able to claim the lockers

I have issues with the ability to claim lockers, too. I'm aware that onley the two-in-one-lockers are interactable, but the only options that come up in the pie-menue are prank it or ask for prom.

Message 5 of 22 (6,727 Views)

Hero
@Karottenkeks84 And you're sure you haven't already claimed one with that Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (6,722 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict i claimed a locker with that sim but afterwards i changed the interior of the High school and rearranged the interior. i may have deleted the already claimed locker and that is why i can't claim a new one?

when i create a new teen sim and travel with them to the HS, they can claim a locker in the intended way

Message 7 of 22 (6,703 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Karottenkeks84 Oooooo I did the same exact thing too. Dang so how do we get the locker back now?
Message 8 of 22 (6,683 Views)

Hero
@Karottenkeks84 Sounds reasonable.

Going to tag @GothamSimmer to see if they did similar (OP sounds a tiny bit different as they do seem to have the option and it does nothing vs not having the option at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (6,617 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I did actually. I used different versions of the sims I'd created in my gallery for the pack and they all claimed their lockers. 

Message 10 of 22 (6,522 Views)