Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number nvidia gtx 1080 ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? freeplay the Hollow, the Mandible and the Foundry
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 3
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. the Hollow, the Mandible and the Necropolis
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.04.2020 23.00 GMT +1
Summarize your bug entering those caves (hidden places) I'm stuck, can't really move violent hectic movements of the javelin and loosing life rapidly
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to those caves in Freeplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm stuck, can't really move violent hectic movements of the javelin and loosing life rapidly
What should be happening instead? walk, run or fly normaly

entering the HOLLOW, the MANDIBLE and the NECROPOLIS I'm stuck, can't really move violent hectic movements of the javelin and loosing life rapidly. After dying twice in the Necropolis I managed to escape thru the MAP and re-spawning elsewhere.

It is a recent bug, there are two of them on the French forum. It happened as well with the Interceptor...didn't try the other two and it happens on EASY as well.

I tried the HAVEN and worked fine, didn't check the others.

One player (OdrN) made that video of the problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0iWWcnb9R4&feature=youtu.be

- Carpe diem and enjoy your game -

Just a normal gamer trying to help – not working for EA

Message 1 of 17 (2,043 Views)

Re: HIDDEN PLACES BUG

★★★★ Pro
@Valhalla-strider I definitely did NOT have this issue in The Hollow the other day. That video looks like terrible lag to me. Are you having any lag issues anywhere else around the same time that this occurs?

Sure makes it harder to figure out when not everyone has the issue every time in those mini-dungeons.
Message 2 of 17 (1,998 Views)

@ChiraaKitteh   a little bit alright but nothing significant.... I might try all the caves today with different javelins. I rarely have issues with that game since day one so it may happen to more and more players.

It's wird if you try to jump or dash it is like the video otherwise it's just the light that flashes when taking damage. In one of them I killed the two grabbits looking at me and suddenly I could move normally so I went on everything was normal except the fact that I was still taking damage and finaly died just flying around.

Message 3 of 17 (1,979 Views)

tried a bit and only the HOLLOW bugged on EASY not on GM3..... don't know what to think

Message 4 of 17 (1,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Valhalla-striderI did both the Haven and the Hollow today, multiple times, zero issues. However, I did do an experiment. I found a place where the RIPSTREAM was trying to knock me lower to the ground, but managed to get on a ledge, where it couldn’t knock me off but it was still affecting me. I basically was slightly hindered in movement just like in that video, as well as taking constant damage. It was on GM3 so the damage happened very fast. So it seems like sometimes, when folks enter a mini-dungeon, they are somehow registered as being in the RIPSTREAM (out-of-bounds).

I’m guessing that the difficulty really isn’t the issue, just random, unless you can enter the Hollow on Easy many days in a row and have the same thing happen.

From what I know of how maps are often created in games, that The Hollow map could actually be somewhere above the normal freeplay map, and just not visible to us. Maybe the RIPSTREAM that normally keeps us to in-bounds areas of the map is slightly mis-aligned to overlap the entrance to that mini-dungeon. Wonder if it would bug for everyone in a group if they entered at the same time. So many interesting possibilities to test. 😂

@EA_Cade 

Message 5 of 17 (1,932 Views)

@ChiraaKitteh    hmmmm ! you seem to know a lot about technical aspects of the game making specs....where did you find that RIPSTREAM you're talking about ?.....and I agree with you I don't think it's related to difficulty. I thought that it would be 100% of the time as it was new for me and happened to other people but it seems to be random....for now the only place where it keeps hapening is the HOLLOW.

I dug two other posts from august last year with the same issue so it's not as new as I thought it was.... lots of testing indeed Wink

Message 6 of 17 (1,914 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Valhalla-strider Haha I don’t remember where the ledge was, just kept looking for something up high ... and finally found one. There are certainly more than one, this one was somewhere east of Ft Tarsis.
Message 7 of 17 (1,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Valhalla-strider,

We've checked with a few accounts and javelins on different PCs here and this isn't happening for us.

Could you ensure you're on the latest graphics driver and let me know if you're playing windowed or fullscreen?

Thanks!

EACade
Message 8 of 17 (1,800 Views)

@EA_Cade  yep ! everything is in order and I'm playing full screen....haven't checked for two days now...had a lot of problems connecting to Origin and even Answer HQ....don't know why but it seems to be back to normal now (without changing anything).

Message 9 of 17 (1,782 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Valhalla-strider Unfortunately, fact that it’s not easily reproducible is going to make it much harder to track down. There is definitely something going on. It even seems weird if it only happens with a certain amount of lag.
Message 10 of 17 (1,775 Views)