[HELP] I Cannot Invite or See My Friend in Madden NFL 21

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

[HELP] I Cannot Invite or See My Friend in Madden NFL 21

Community Manager

Hey, Madden NFL Community!

Are you having trouble playing a friend in Madden NFL 21? Here are some quick steps and thread below that could help get you on the field with your friend right away.

Do you have Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation®Plus membership?

Is Madden NFL 21 Cross-Platform?

• The game is "cross-gen," which means if you have a PS4 you can play with someone on PS5. Same for Xbox One and Series X/S. Madden NFL 21 is NOT cross-platform, meaning if you have an Xbox you can't play someone on PC, PlayStation, or Stadia.

How do I play a friend on a different generation console?

• The new Xbox One and PlayStation consoles have an option to download the Gen4 and Gen5 versions of the game under the games library. 

*Make sure you are launching the same version of the game as your friend*

My friend isn't showing up under the Friends List?

• Try sending each other a party invite outside of the game by either starting up an Xbox Party, PlayStation Party, or from your friends list on Origin.
  • Try removing each other from your friends list and re-add each other.
  • Check to see if you are set to ONLINE status.
  • Check to see if you have NOTIFICATIONS enabled.
  • Check to see if your friend was accidentally BLOCKED.
  • Try power cycling your platform.

If a friend isn't receiving an invite. It could be network related. Please check these steps below:

How to Play your Fiend in The Yard

1. Select the Play-A-Friend tile in The Yard hub.
  2. Pick a venue and party size and build out your party as you normally would.
  3. Make sure to tell your friend’s team what venue and party size they should select.
  4. At the prompt, both party leaders set the same matchmaking password. This can be anything you want, just make sure you both enter it exactly the same.
  5. Play against your friend and make sure they know you are better than them.
    NOTE: You won’t earn progression from Play-A-Friend games.
Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 1 (2,008 Views)