Re: HDR too dark in NHL 22

by TheOnlineGam8r

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

That’s disappointing to hear since this really isn’t an issue with our TVs. I’ve had all auto dimming turned off ever since I bought mine and no other game besides NHL 22 looks worse with HDR on. I’ve messed with every single brightness setting and nothing changes the dull HDR. I’m sure if it was our TVs that there would have been a single post over the last 6 months of someone saying that they had this issue, but fixed it using their TV settings. 

Can a setting be added to the game to disable HDR in the ingame menus? There’s no reason to turn off HDR in the system settings for only one game. 

At this point I guess we can only hope the HDR is better in NHL 23.

Message 141 of 163 (2,332 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@OutlawedTorn Im so mad about EA bro
Message 142 of 163 (2,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 143 of 163 (2,015 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dsstevens82 This is what in trying to tell EA its their game the problem not our tv
Message 144 of 163 (2,005 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Series X. Every time I play I have to go to my xbox tv mode settings and change the YYC 4:2:2 setting. I turn it on or off when I start it up. The next time I start the game I have to change it to the opposite of what was selected last time.

Let's say i turned it ON the first time I load the game up. Next time I start it I have to go back into those settings and turn it OFF.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I don't change settings for any other game or app between start ups. And it only happens in this game.
Message 145 of 163 (1,751 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

sooo any fix ? or Ea just dont give a single f ?

no patch nothing ?   just hope nhl 23 will have HDR setting or fix cuz NHL 21 was beautiful without HDR

so fix ur HDR in those game cuz ice is grey

Message 146 of 163 (1,340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Any news ? I won't stop asking until you fix this! is not our tv the problem its ur bad HDR with ur bad engine

Message 147 of 163 (1,187 Views)

Community Manager

@TheOnlineGam8r 

I'm sorry, but we don't have any updates on this. It's also an issue we rarely see reported so we're not aware of any issues within the game causing this. 

Aljo.png
Message 148 of 163 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Come to my bouse ill show you its nhl 22 hdr problem
Message 149 of 163 (1,154 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

NHL 23 has brightness options! Too bad this was never added to 22.

Message 150 of 163 (482 Views)