Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Liberal Cactus Hugger
Are you playing in VR? Yes
Which VR Platform are you using? Steam VR
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' When Switch To VR
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. When I switch to VR from my HDR Monitor, HDR is not turned off automatically, and the VR Headset Looks totally washed out. I then have to go to the menu and toggle off HDR to fix the VR display. Similarly, when switching from VR back to my monitor, I have to toggle HDR back on manually
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Anywhere in game after switching to VR mode
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17.10.20
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? When I switch to VR from my HDR Monitor, HDR is not turned off automatically, and the VR Headset Looks TOTALLY WASHED OUT where whites and blacks are clipped. I then have to go to the menu and toggle off HDR to fix the VR display. Similarly, when switching from VR back to my monitor, I have to toggle HDR back on manually
What do you expect to see? Proper color range for my VR headset display
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." none
What components were you using? Asus PG27UQ Gsync Ultimate Odyssey+ VR headset
Which customizations (if any) were you using? None that I know of

When I switch to VR from my HDR Monitor, HDR is not turned off automatically, and the VR Headset Looks TOTALLY WASHED OUT where whites and blacks are clipped. I then have to go to the menu and toggle off HDR to fix the VR display.

Similarly, when switching from VR back to my monitor, I have to toggle HDR back on manually

Message 1 of 2 (661 Views)

Re: HDR Not Toggled Off When Switch To VR

★★★★★ Newbie
@EvilScrublord I think I finally fixed it in Star Wars Squadrons running on the following:
HP Reverb G2
LG 65C7 OLED (as my monitor)
Star Wars Squadron

I started the game in non VR mode and of course it runs in HDR on my OLED TV.

I went back to Options/Video and instead of Windowed or Borderless like what others were suggesting, I selected Full Screen but chose Screen 2 instead of Screen 1. I think this is because the Reverb G2 was already being seen as Screen 2.

When I switched to VR now, the colors are now correct.

BTW going to Borderless and Windowed mode also corrected the color but because my screen was displaying 4K@60, I noticed on SteamVR's frame rate monitor that I was getting really really bad frame rate - consistently worse than the target 90fps on the Reverb G2.

Once I went to full screen, I could tell the frame rate was now almost always 90fps with very very few dips below.
Message 2 of 2 (562 Views)