HAAT Phase 2/4: Characters stop targeting the side turrets in full auto

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy Tab S3
OS Version 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 627-751-875
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Characters stop targeting side turrets in HAAT phase 2 and 4 after a couple of topples in full auto under JTR team.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The team used is JTR (leader), BB-8, Finn, C-3PO, and CLS. Clear HAAT phase 1 with this team. Make sure full auto (no targeting) is enabled at the end of P1. At the start of HAAT phase 2, your characters are targeting side turrets first as expected. After a couple of topples, characters start targeting only the tank itself. They won't target side turrets again unless you target the side turrets manually. The same occurs in HAAT phase 4, too. After a couple of topples, characters kill B2s first (as expected), but then they only target the tank itself, but not the side turrets. Why full auto behavior changes after a couple of topples?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country

Our guild has several members who are experiencing the same issue in HAAT phases 2 and 4.

Message 1 of 7 (605 Views)

Re: HAAT Phase 2/4: Characters stop targeting the side turrets in full auto

★ Novice

Have neber seen target anything in p2 and p4 except the tank itself on auto.

Message 2 of 7 (562 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @SymphonyXYZ and thank you for reporting this.

We have not changed anything regarding the targeting in the HAAT and as far as I can remember, the side turrets were never targetted if you run it on auto. It always required manual targetting to topple that tank in P2 and 4. This is working as intended and not a bug.

Message 3 of 7 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, @EA_HighCommand -

If you turn off targeting while the battle is on auto, I believe the AI has a priority list of targets. In P2, the typical target priority was the side turrets first, then the main canon (to topple), and then when toppled the team would attack the body of the tank.

In p4, the typical priority starts with the B2 droids, then the side turrets, then the main canon.

Sometimes the AI will use this targeting priority, but sometimes they will choose the main body of the tank as an earlier target. In my experience, once the team targets the main body, they will not select a different target. Perhaps each of the 4 (or 6) targets has an equal targeting priority, and this scenario is just when the body isn't the last priority.

I don't know if it counts as a bug, but it's surely frustrating to have an unreliable AI that won't consistently perform. This scenario existed back when players could "auto-solo" the tank with pre-nerf zFinn, and continues.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The official answer / solution is not adequate.

My guild just completed yet another HAAT.

I put auto on in P1 when GG had about 60 % health left.

At the start of P2, characters are targeting side turrets (still on auto). I observed the tank is toppled without problems twice. Please note JTR team I use doesn't have AoE, so it won't be able to topple the tank without targeting the side turrets. Anyway, characters targeted the main tank as well during these two topples, though, but that's OK.

After the second topple, characters only target the main tank. You have to target the side turrets manually from this point on, otherwise tank will eventually enrage and kill your team. I also verified characters will target only the main tank even if you put auto on again in subsequent topples. After three HAAT runs, I'm convinced this observed behavior is indeed consistent.

The target selection logic looks fishy to me in any case:

a) Characters are never supposed to target the side turrets on auto (i.e. the first two topples)

b) Characters are supposed to pick random targets, but this occurs only during the first two topples

Please properly investigate this time, so we can have a rational conclusion to the observed behavior.

Message 5 of 7 (494 Views)

★ Guide

In my experience, P2 targeting has always been broken.  Seems like on full auto, main tank is targeted most of the time. P4 seems to have a change that once the main tank below 50% HP, attackers will start targeting the main thank instead of side turrets. 

We have an AAT raid today and I'll try to record. 

Message 6 of 7 (474 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have been noticing this too, and it makes it difficult to auto the raid, as you still have to watch those phases to manually target.

It occurs to me that I may have never noticed before because prior to the Finn nerf, autoing never required more than one topple.

But it still makes no sense and if you unclick the circle, targetting should be fully random no matter how many topples there have been.

Message 7 of 7 (467 Views)