Gun stops firing after hitting enemy

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? 77Exodus77
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Pathfinder
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. happens everywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. firing my weapon
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? quite a few (recent problem)
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29/03/2019
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Not sure whats happening lately. But when i am shooting an enemy as soon as I make contact with an enemy my gun stops firing.  This especially happens on the spitfire but have seen it starting to spread to other guns in the game. anyone got some advise? dont know if this is some kind of hack I dont know about but its happening every game
What should be happening instead? the gun should not stop firing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea. try shooting people I guess

Not sure whats happening lately. But when i am shooting an enemy as soon as I make contact with an enemy my gun stops firing.  This especially happens on the spitfire but have seen it starting to spread to other guns in the game. anyone got some advise? dont know if this is some kind of hack I dont know about but its happening every game

Message 1 of 6 (3,490 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gun stops firing after hitting enemy

★★ Novice
I had same problem, changing the mouse polling rate from 1000 Hz to 500 Hz fixed the problem (logitech G403)

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,330 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Weird that your weapons stop firing, @77exodus77!

Have you tried right-clicking on the game in Origin to "Repair" or attempted a reinstall yet? Attaching a DxDiag will be helpful for us since you play on PC.

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,466 Views)

★★ Novice
@77exodus77 I have the same problem, did u find any solution?
Message 3 of 6 (3,407 Views)

★★ Novice
I had same problem, changing the mouse polling rate from 1000 Hz to 500 Hz fixed the problem (logitech G403)
Message 4 of 6 (3,331 Views)

★★ Novice
After further testning I have come to the conclusion that it is the g403 mouse that is faulty. With a cheap dell mouse the problem is gone. R99 sprays like a dream again Standard smile
Message 5 of 6 (3,229 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have g403, but I didnt have that problem for a long time. It appeared after connecting controller I think and is totally unfixable now. Its * stupid why is it stopping fire when you aim at people wth is this sh*t and only at that certain game.

Message 6 of 6 (1,337 Views)