Gun Misfire and Sound Glitches

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TheyreBl00dh0und
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any character
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Crouch, mostly
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Several in a row
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 8/4/19
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? If the player has their gun out, it will fire by itself/misfire. When trying this in the training range, there was also a weird sound glitch.
What should be happening instead? No gun firing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When pressing several specific keys at once, the gun will fire by itself. These keys consist of any of the movement keys, 'T', CRTL, SHIFT, and SPACE. Upon doing so, the game will very often detect a mouse click where there is none.

I have checked my keybinds, all seems to be well. The sound happened when I pressed said keys, and stopped soon after I stopped pressing them.

It's important to note that while the key/mouse capture software I'm using is detecting mouse clicks, I have not actually clicked the mouse. I don't know why this is happening.

https://youtu.be/TKDfI6bOqgc Here you can see the glitches.

Message 1 of 3 (454 Views)

Re: Gun Misfire and Sound Glitches

★★ Apprentice

Do you have an Asus Rog gladius ii origin mouse? I think I'm having a similar issue, just seems to fire randomly while in gun fights without me pressing anything, I have to tap the left click again to stop it, it's also been scoping in and holding it even though I lifted my finger off and my game is set to only ads while holding right click.

Message 2 of 3 (379 Views)

Re: Gun Misfire and Sound Glitches

★★★ Novice

No, I’m using a Logitech G502 Proteus mouse. The difficulty seems to be the game interpreting a specific series of button presses as mouse input.

Message 3 of 3 (364 Views)