Re: Guild doesn’t show up in advanced search

by GladOS-013

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Will throw our guild onto the pile:  Vendetta's Army

Used to be able to get it working again by flipping the private/open settings back and forth, but even that has now failed.  

We've got 45ish with 189K GP.  We're a pretty laid back guild and rely on this mechanism working correctly to keep us going.

This is a significant issue as we've seen guilds slowly dry up and disband without being able to refresh the roster. Would prefer this not happen!

Edit:  Just followed the link to the Dev tracker.  Last action taken on this was January 8th??  Over 3 months ago.  Is this even getting attention at all???

Message 31 of 44 (735 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same story is with my American guild . We used to have more than 120!GP. But because of the game glitch are members are leaving  and not able to join back. 

Message 32 of 44 (681 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 Yeah that’d be a great suggestion if people could find the guild - I have of course tried recruiting but who wants to join a guild that can’t be found?
As for your final ‘suggestion’ you assume having asked if I have tried recruiting - that I obviously haven’t and that I should take matters into my own hands instead of waiting around for a fix...
People pay for this game it’s not being provided as a free gift. The product being paid for doesn’t work properly, how would you feel if you paid for a tv but half the screen didn’t work?
How do you know how good the new members would be if they patched it today or how optimal it would be.
If you haven’t anything constructive to add don’t bother.
And for the record we disbanded and reformed. A lot of hassle but problem solved - took control as it was clear reporting the bug was a total and utter waste of time.
Message 33 of 44 (651 Views)

@Stashez Every single person who joins my guild gets a an invite. If you recruit externally, that’s a very easy way to have people join.
I asked if you recruited externally, because the complaints seem to imply that without the ingame search allowing people to randomly join your guild, you have had 0 new members. Since not every player is aware of the existence of the recruitment forums and discord servers, and you had given no indication that you were aware of those options, I offered it as a *constructive* suggestion.

As far as your tv analogy, I respectfully disagree with the scope. This is more like the volume buttons on the remote don’t work - inconvenient, yes, but you have other ways to achieve the same effect, at the cost of a slight personal inconvenience (external recruiting, or your disbanding/reforming option). The game can still be played and you don’t miss 50% of literally everything.

I understand you’re frustrated, and I’m glad you were able to find a workaround for your own guild.

★★★★ Novice
Spoiler

Ha thats a very long time and I highly doubt it. They are working on more important things like...

Message 35 of 44 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 It was not an analogy it was a question, I in no way implied the problem was akin to having a tv that didn’t work properly.
However to use your remote control analogy, would you find that acceptable If you were to spend money on it? I think not and why should people spend money on a game where some people get all of what they pay for and others don’t.
We have an extensive guild discord server and make use of various recruitment avenues however as I previously said the fact that the guild couldn’t be found was an instant off-putter.
The simple fact is there is a bug reporting system in place which was used. It is clear we were not the only guild affected and in coming on for a year nothing was done to address the bug.
To be told after a year that it’s basically tough and in a round about way, to sort it out ourselves is taking the mick and would have been much better being said a year ago, rather than ‘it is being investigated’ which kept us all in a state of limbo.
Anyway as said we sorted it ourselves, I just hope we don’t get affected by it again as it seems utterly random when and who it strikes.

Message 36 of 44 (593 Views)

@Stashez It certainly seemed like a false dichotomy, implying that a "TV with half a screen that doesn't work" is comparable to the Guild Advance Search not showing every guild. Otherwise, why ask a completely random question about a broken TV?

Everybody can make their own decisions about where and how to spend their money. This bug not getting fixed impacts me not at all - so it wouldn't impact my spending habits. If you read AHQ long enough, you'll see that certain players have "pet bugs" that are really important to them - but other players disagree. Usually players that are impacted by one bug want that one fixed, while players impacted by another bug want that one fixed. But everyone's "pet bug" is THE MOST IMPORTANT (to them).

I have 0 visibility into the studio's priority rankings, or to know what their plan is. This forum exists to ensure that the studio has information that the bug exists. Once that happens - AHQ is out of the loop. It's entirely waiting on the studio.

I would love to see more bug fixes and Quality of Life improvements over just the development of more characters - but we have what we have.

★★★★★ Novice
@GladOS-013 Yeah as I said it was a simple question no implication. I wouldn’t say a false dichotomy either as no alternatives were implied or suggested.

Anyway I find it more than a little strange that shortly after mentioning on here, we had solved the problem by creating a new guild, the new guild is now not showing up in searches....
We have a couple of members who have always sworn blind that we need to wear tin foil hats, to which we’ve always laughed however since the same issue has now happened again I am beginning to wonder...

As to your comments regarding spending money and bugs etc - I believe if you pay for something the whole thing should work. No doubt you will want to respond with more excuses for the lack of action in fixing the issue relating to the game evolving and not being able to optimise all areas before release etc. But as it’s obvious you’re not responding to help, rather to provide further irritation to the already infuriating situation so, reading your admission that you have zero visibility into the studio workings, any further messages would be futile.

Cheers
Message 38 of 44 (517 Views)

@Stashez My goal is never to irritate, but to educate. It's fairly common for people to fixate on a problem they see, and demand that EA fix it, because they don't think about company resources - they just think of their personal annoyance. So hopefully by having people expand their comprehension of the prioritization process, they may develop more patience and empathy for the human beings who work on the game.

As far as buying something that fully works - I think a program with 0 bugs is pretty much the software pipe dream, right? I can't think of a single program, app, or website that is 100% perfect. If EA fixed every bug before release, the game would have never launched.

"Perfection is the enemy of progress." - Winston Churchill

★★★★★ Newbie
  • Here it is in May and still no word or anything maybe if the option to change the Guild name was in game it might be able to refresh the "Guild Name" but hey I'm just a Peon with his ear to the ground.
Message 40 of 44 (424 Views)