Re: Guild doesn’t show up in advanced search

by Stashez

Original Post

@Stashez Maybe some of the guilds in this thread could get together and have a merger?

★★ Novice

@GladOS-013 thanks for the suggestion, but our guild isn't really small enough to merge with another guild, we have like 40 active members, the problem for us is that it's basically impossible to get any more. We've tried recruiting, and I think we've managed to bring in 3 people through direct invites since this bug started. So that's like 3 people in 5 months... What we really need is for CG to update us on what is going on with this, because it's not sustainable for the guild to only be 80% full indefinitely

Message 22 of 44 (871 Views)

★★★★ Novice

^ Exact same scenario. We’ve been floating around 45ish players for months, which is clearly not optimal for competitive guilds trying to attain end game rewards. It’s hard to get direct recruits, because it’s hard to explain why we’re not running at full capacity. This bug is unfair to any current guild member who wants to stick around, but knows they’re standing in a sinking ship. “Demoralizing” is an understatement at the moment. 

Message 23 of 44 (864 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah same boat, we have 44 members could lose 6 that aren’t around much so could take max 12 which is a potential 36-50m GP it’s a massive hit in geo tb and also TW, we lose massive amounts of rewards and for us this has been going on for at least a year so multiply that by all the lost rewards. It’s obviously not just the guilds who have mentioned it on this and the other thread, there must be a lot of other guilds who just aren’t aware or can’t be bothered to complain.

this should have progressed way further than ‘investigating’ and nothing more.

But as suggested if there are any guilds who want to merge with us max 12 then give me  a shout.

cheers 

Message 24 of 44 (849 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think it's an advanced search issue. We normally would fill guild spots on less than 15 minutes then all of a sudden nothing ever unless we invited someone even though we are open. I feel as though it has to do with not showing in recommended gulds during a basic search. Not sure what could cause that to stop

Message 25 of 44 (704 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@CG_MindTricks please provide an update as this bug has been under “investigating” status in the dev tracker since September 2019 with no further developments.  

Message 26 of 44 (633 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@Jos_Kusan Hi there, we currently have a ticket open to improve the guild search function, but, unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to give you a time frame for when it will be addressed.
Message 27 of 44 (619 Views)

★★★ Novice

You are not evaluating the problem correctly. This is not a minor flaw in the guild search function. This is a complete bug. Since the guild not only does not fall into the advanced search. But it also disappears from the recommended guilds and is completely isolated from the arrival of new players. But the emphasis of the game is on the development of the guilds. But not all guilds are on an equal footing because of this bug. More than a year has passed since this bug occurred, but there is still no solution. This is a shame for a large company like EA.
Message 28 of 44 (551 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Mindtricks we’re not asking for a timeframe a simple update as to whether it is being worked on or if it’s just in a pile of other reported bugs that are such low priority that no one is even trying to fix it.

if it’s the latter then there really is no point in keeping the guild going.

at least there could be no more GET and GET 2 characters released as it’s blatantly obvious that guilds affected by the bug are screwed.

there are players with 7 star negotiators and 5 star malevolence - having started farming the same time as me and I’ve only just got a 6 star negotiator - I blame this on lack of GET from TB due to having no new members for as long as I can remember 

throw us a bone

Message 29 of 44 (485 Views)

Have you tried recruiting externally? In general, the quality of players who randomly join guilds in game is going to be lower than players who are actively searching through forums and discord servers.

Passively waiting for players to join (whether your guild is showing up in recommended guilds or not) is going to be less effective than actively recruiting.

Since this is a problem that you can improve yourself, why not take control of the situation rather than waiting for the studio? Even if they patched it today, it would only result in your having a slightly improved (yet still suboptimal) situation?