by ggibb65

Original Post

Groups breaking matchmaking, lobby dead after a few rounds

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug After a few rounds the matchmaking seems to stop working if there is at least one group in the lobby. The lobby is basically dead, no new players are added to the server or maybe 1-2.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Szaby59
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 01/07/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 00:16 - end of round
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in a larger group (usually more than 4 players) and stay in the rotation. After a few rounds if enough players leave the lobby it just stops adding new players.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dead lobby.
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Always experienced this when I was playing with a group, or I knew there is a group in one of the teams. Especially when a large amount of players quit after the match.

Here is a match from yesterday - top screenshot early stage, bottom end of the game.

According to the filenames, this is how the server looked after 9 minutes (no significant change):

00.png

Message 1 of 6 (683 Views)

Re: Groups breaking matchmaking, lobby dead after a few rounds

Community Manager

That's very strange additional players aren't being placed into your matches. We haven't seen a huge influx of these reports come our way yet but we'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the heads up! 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (625 Views)

Hello @Szaby59

Matchmaking still has problems, especially with filling up servers after rounds (IMO). I don't play with groups often, but your screenshots and examples show that this is a problem as well.

There is this main thread here about matchmaking issues with specific examples. I would suggest keeping an eye on the time and to which server you are connected whenever you encounter these type of problems, so you can post precise examples of this happening to this big thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Issues-with-the-EOR-matchmaking-system-examples/td-p/7129....

It would be great if you can post your screenshot and problems in that thread as well, so they won't be lost in a single thread somewhere lonely in time!

Message 3 of 6 (621 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I would like to concur that this has become an issue again.  After a few weeks of things going fairly smoothly, groups are really having problems in matchmaking again.  The biggest problem is being dumped into new and mostly empty matches where they do not get populated with enough players.  Only option is to quit and join a new game.  This is happening to all the people I squad play with on PS4 servers.  I have also noticed this happening again frequently when playing alone, that the matchmaking is not finding games for me, even though I know from chatting with online friends that they were in games that did not have enough players.  So something has broken again, even though the past few weeks were o.k. (at least for me).  

Message 4 of 6 (600 Views)

★ Guide

I find that every time i goto play extraction, ewokhunt, SF asault, the odd game of blast, there always the problem of waiting for 5 to 9 players to join.  (usually 9)

Message 5 of 6 (590 Views)

Champion
This is happening all the time on all platforms. The issue really started when group play came into force. I have always felt that the current MM system and groups can conflict with each other. MM seems to load groups 1st then single players trying to keep them in the correct sequence i.e if you were a droid on Kamino the next match you should be a clone hence the tendency to fill one team 1st. This can be a problem if multiple players quit. It can leave one side with plenty of players and the other with not enough. If the differential is greater than 4 or there are less than 20 total then the game will not start. We then go through a cycle of players quitting and finding other games. It's a vicious circle.
"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."